Peeing on the down low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peeing on the down low

I bought a silicone funnel thing that slips over your bits. I've used it in my car when other people drive me but I have to be squatting or standing. On the public transport van sometimes the driver gets lost and makes a 3 hour trip. They will not let you off unless you are at your destination. I can't angle the funnel enough to throw my coat over my lap, but I think if it were made of different material I could use it in a sitting position?

I'm really not psychologically to the point where I can buy adult protection and go in pants, particularly I don't want to sit in my own waste for 1-2 hours. Any suggestions?

Just a suggestion, but cathing just before travel might help.

I guess you've already looked for a shorter commute.

Comment

Some supplements and meds can help with urinary fx. A calcium / magnesium supplement (can be purchased at your health food store, or at amazon.com) may work.

Or, four 5-mg oxybutynin pills, take one every six hours, can also work and is inexpensive.

Also, avoid caffeine, for eight hours before, when you don't "wish" to go often. In soda pop, in coffee, whatever.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I have these little port o john's, they are cups with a bag attached filled with a gel that congeals when you pee into it. I know that people use these camping and doing athletic runs and just anywhere when a bathroom is iffy.
        I'm sorry I can't get to them right now to give you more specific product info. Perhaps tomorrow if you are interested. Bought them off Amazon I think.....

Comment

Working...
        X