Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/8/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/8/15

Hi Everyone. I am very excited about welcoming our new members. What a great way to start the New Year. I am sure new members will help us old timers to keep on our toes. It is also great to see Poohb3ar back with us. May we all proceed to better health and beauty. My gyne doctor had trouble getting blood from my arm vein and said it was because I was so thin! I didn’t tell her that I had gained a few pounds and was struggling to lose it. No one ever called me thin before. I still feel like I look plump. I must work toward changing my perception.

I am sad to say that I gained another pound and I now weigh 119. My motivation has waned somewhat and I will work to get it back.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week. I do hope you are well. Please let us know.

Mamabug, it is good to see you back. I was truly concerned. I’m looking forward to seeing you post your latest results.

Hsmaldo, so sorry we didn’t see you this week. I hope you aren’t having difficulty finding us at our new site. Be well.

Malaholic, how great that you were able to drop in. I am glad you found us at our new site. It sounds like you are having a fun vacation and am looking forward to seeing your next post.

hlburke87, I am so glad you found us. Don’t be ashamed at posting your weight. We have all been there and I know that you will feel elated to see your weight go down. Good luck.

Poohb3ar, It is so good to have you back. That is wonderful that you lost some weight. I hope you will tell us how much this week so that we can rejoice with you.

Portia, we are very happy to lend our support. This group has been what has kept me from putting all that weight back on after losing it with the help of the group. You have an advantage because you have lost quite a bit of weight in the past which proves you can do it. Best wishes.

Ailsinngrace, welcome. You have a good track record of losing and I have every confidence that you can do so again. The goal of getting down for your friend’s wedding is a good incentive. Think of how great you will look at your new weight at that occasion. We are all here to lend our support. Keep up the momentum.

Barrister16, by all means join us. You said you don’t have a scale so I would suggest that you weigh whenever you have the opportunity. There are advantages to weighing every week because it is a way of setting mini goals so the total amount you want to lose doesn’t seem overwhelming. The other way to track weight loss is via the tape measure. Of course you also know something is happening if clothes get tighter or looser. Let us know what is happening. Best of luck.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week.

Dr. Oz suggests, “for a thicker, creamier texture, choose low-fat, unsweetened Greek yogurt. Loaded with protein, calcium and natural probiotics, it makes for a tasty snack any time.” No fat Greek yogurt is also thick and creamy and may be a better choice for snacking or for meals which is my suggestion. It is delicious with oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast, is very filling and keeps hunger at bay.

Weight loss Results for 1-1-15:

Total Loss:

2 pounds by one member. A loss this close to the Holidays is excellent. Others seeing success is an incentive to follow suit. It also starts the New Year on a good note. .

Total Gain:

2 pounds by one member. Reporting gains is a sign of commitment to the process. It serves also as a message to others to beware.

Stayed the same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3637.4 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 400 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

woo!

the loss doesn't warrant a full woohoo!
    down .7 lbs. i was doing great this week, going steadily down every day then had dinner out tues night & blew it!!!

if i stick to the 17 day diet accelerate plan to the letter, i should be showing faster loss soon. on day 7 i'd lost 2 lbs., but that one dinner gained back 1.5 lbs of that.

it's a doable healthy approach. eating clean, more veges & lean proteins (all you want! which unfortunately i don't want a lot) 2 fruits, 2 probiotics (which milk & yogurt are a part of)
    great tip about yogurt! it really is a wonderful weight loss tool! i tried greek yogurt several yrs ago & didn't like the texture. maybe i need to give it another try. i LOVE yogurt and smoothies made with yogurt, milk & frozen fruit.

feels good to be back in the saddle!
    hopefully there'll be less of me to report next week!

shrink, i'd love to be told i was too thin!!!

take care & God bless ya'll!!!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Awww, Karen. You're so sweet to be concerned. If your concern, in the future, would go on for a couple of weeks or so, Seasha has the email address that I share with my husband. He'd be able to let her know if there was a problem.

Tried to find the last time that I posted my weight. Think it was on December 18. But, since our Weightloss Check-In changed locations, maybe our previous threads vanished?

Anyways, I don't know what my previous weight was. I think I lost since then, but, I have no clue how much.

Seasha, is that find-able?

Today, 1/8 : 133.8 lbs

During the past two weeks, for a reason that I am unable o explain, my weight seemed to fluctuate much more than it normally does.
      • Highest was 140.8 (Eek!)
      • Lowest was 132.8.

Glad that, today, I am near my low and not my high.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug/Faith - no the old Basic Health forum is now gone for good. It was up until less than a week ago.

BTW, a shout out to Pooh - glad to see you again
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

OK, Seasha. Karen, I suspect that my weight, two or three weeks ago, was somewhere around the 135 lb range. So, you can do what you like with calculating our group's total loss.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Last Thursday I weighed 167, and now I weigh 165.2. I can't take credit for the loss though. I've had a fever for two weeks, from Christmas Eve until yesterday afternoon. I've been eating; cast iron stomach here, and I almost never lose my appetite. I guess the almost constant fever just burned it off.

Went to the doctor a second time, Monday, after breathing started to hurt. Blood work showed I'm fighting some kind of infection. Antibiotics have kicked in and I'm finally feeling better

Being sick isn't the way I want to lose weight, but let's see if I can keep losing now that I'm me again.
            Portia

Comment

Weight

I have stayed the same at 168

hlburke87

Comment

I'm back

Great to see several new people participating here! Portia I hope you are feeling better - that's a long time to have a fever.

I got back on track on the 2nd half of my vacation. I can't find the last thread from mid-December and with my sieve of a memory (thanks MS) I don't remember exactly what my last posted weight was. This morning I am at 112.8, which I think is probably pretty close to last posted.

ShrinkKaren, I know you are feeling a little sad because of the 1 lb gain, but I bet it's not showing at all - your dr. visit is proof of that!
                Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Karen, thanks so much for missing me. I've been much busier than usual because a bunch of appointments were piled up too close together lately. Last week I went to 3 of them. I'd like to limit them to one a week. Or less!

One of them turned out to be an hour and a half immobilized in an uncomfortable dentist's chair while they drilled and hammered and pounded at a broken tooth. With luck, they'll have rescued it with a crown, which I was supposed to have 9 years ago but didn't.

Ever since my mouth has been swollen and sore but at least I'm getting a usable tooth out of it--in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I'm eating soft food because they took my partial denture away in order to make the crown.

For two days now I've been eating oatmeal, V8 juice, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, soup, squash, yogurt.

I weigh 116, which is what I weighed last time I weighed in. I'm hoping to lose now because I can't eat cookies or chips or crackers.

Dental work has induced weight loss in me before. Every cloud has a silver lining, etc.

WELCOME to the new members!

Anyone who's lost 30 lbs. or more and has kept it off for a year or more can join the National Weight Loss Registry (in the US):

I've been part of this for many years. They send out a very brief questionnaire every year, asking what your current weight is. Once or twice the surveys have been longer, if I remember right, but of course the whole thing is optional. They're interested in how people keep excess weight off.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
                  MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

I weigh in at my doctor's on Tuesday but I have been staying on track with my healthy eating and exercising 3x a week. I either try to ride my bike, swim or do pilates 3x a week. My neuro recommended that I buy Wii Fit to work on my balance issues. I ordered it online so it should be here this week. I am super excited to start using it. My right side is still weak from the relapse so the Neuro thinks the balance board and game will help improve my balance.

Since, I lost a lot of my balance 3 months ago I have been working out my core to help me walk. I didn't believe the PT when she said that my core will help me walk but it really did. My Neuro thinks that the loss of balance is my new baseline. So from now on when ever I walk I have to tighten up my Kegel and suck in my abs to walk. It was difficult learning to walk a new way but well worth it.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Comment

Working...
                    X