Fingers crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed

I have my VA P&C exam next Wednesday. This is the first time I'm actually hoping for a bad day. I amazed the appointment came about this quickly. They told me two weeks ago it should be within a month, but I didnt think it would happen.

I'm very nervous about this because I've got small children to take care of. Please keep your fingers crossed for a good outcome. Thanks.

John
    Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
    Trying to be the best dad I can!

John-

I will keep my fingers crossed. If you are having a good day...make sure they know its a good day. Be prepared, make a list of all the important issues, to include Mental Health stuff...this is not the time to be tough or embarrassed about anything.

Wish I could pass my flare on to you right now! I would gladly give it to you.

Good Luck.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Katie. I've been keeping a journal for several months. Hopefully it will be helpful. It's interesting to look back and see the changes day by day. This truly is a weird. Disease.

I hope your flair gets better soon. Good luck.

John

Comment

So I went to my P&C appointment yesterday. It lasted 3.5 hours and I was totally spent when it was over. Thank goodness my wife went with me. She thought I should earn an Oscar for my performance. The sad part is I wasn't really acting. It is very difficult for me to make certain movements.

Now I have to wait a minimum of thirty days to find out the results. At least I can get back on my regular Mec routine so I can function better. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next month or so.

John

Comment

Sounds like you did well. I too will keep my fingers crossed for you.
          Katie

Comment

Thanks again Katie. I hope that you flair is behind you and you're doing better.

It went well, but I still feel guilty about possibly being considered disabled. I'm 41 and have worked since I was 8. Everyone tells me not to feel guilty but I can't help it. I've always worked and the thought of not being able to scares me to death.

I guess it's out of my hands now. All of can do for the next month or so is keep my fingers crossed and pray. Thanks for your support.

John

Comment

Still flaring...steroids dampered it a bit, but hoping a Ty infusion in two weeks will help.

I understand about the not working. I had to permanently stop at 46. I have to admit it was hard pill to swallow.

It will take time, but you will move forward. And all you really can do now is pray and prepare for your War against MS. Its not a fair fight, but some battles can be won...concentrate on those.
              Katie

Comment

Hi John and Katie
                John- don't be embarrassed for doing what you need to do for you! Sometimes you have to do for you because no one else will. I'm a teacher and heat wears me out so the beginning and end of school (Aug. and June) are awful for me. My classes spend time in the air-conditioned computer lab!
                Katie-glad to hear the meds have helped with your flare. Hang in there!

Comment

Good luck Yankee.........
                  One sentence in your post was confusing to me. Did you change your normal routine for the C&P?
                  Did you not do something that would influence the exam? sure reads that way to me. I never do anything different for any Dr appointment, VA or other, and I have much more than just MS.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-Lot

PS moderato this eiri is hard to dea wth its a MESS!

Comment

Gomer,

I didn't do anything different for the appointment. I did make a conscious effort to not minimize anything. I also had my diary of symptons with me. I've been keeping a record each day since May. It's just a waiting game now. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

John

Comment

Working...
                    X