Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/1/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/1/15

Hi Everyone. Happy New Year! I was pleased to see two members found our new site. I hope others will also this week. Let’s look at the New Year as a new beginning regarding weight. It is a good time to make a recommitment to shed those unwanted pounds or to commit to not regaining lost weight. I do hope you have a fun New Years Eve since this will be posted before the stroke of midnight. If you are out I pray you return home safely. I am staying in and reminiscing about New Years Eve’s from my past.

Alas, I gained two of the three pounds I lost last week. I now weigh 118 and feel every ounce of it in my clothes which used to be loose.

Agate, you get a gold star for losing two pounds. Apparently being so busy has served you well. I am sure you will make your goal.

Mamabug, I am truly sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is O.K. Do let us know.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you again this week. I hope we will see you in 2015. I do hope that you are well and enjoying the season.

Malaholic, I do hope you are enjoying your vacation and that we will see you soon.

hlburke87, I do hope you will join us and I hope you can find us at our new location. I’m looking forward to seeing you post.

Poohb3ar, its great to hear from you. Thank you for keeping us up to date about your activities and your family. How wonderful that your were together with all of your children. I do hope we will see you again soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week.

Spend some time taking stock of what has worked for you throughout 2014 with respect to losing weight. Reflect on what did not work. It would be a good idea to write down the successes and failures. Make short term goals so as not to feel overwhelmed. Reward yourself for successes. Think up strategies to avoid the pitfalls. Write down your game plan for January of 2015.

Weight loss Results for 12-25-14:

Total Loss:

5 pounds by two members. Losing during Holiday time is a true success. Successes during difficult times show others that it can be done no matter what.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. I hope no one is avoiding the truth. Reporting gains is a sign of commitment to the process. It serves also as a message to others to beware.

Stayed the same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3635.4 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 400 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

Where is the new site?

hlburke87

Comment

Originally posted by hlburke87 View Post
      Where is the new site?

hlburke87
      You are here -right where you're supposed to be!
      In the Wellness Room
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Starting Weight

Ok, I will post my starting weight (which I am pretty ashamed of bc I am only 27). Starting weight: 168

Comment

still no scale

Happy New Year everyone!

I am still visiting family, and I don't have a scale here to weigh in. The good news is that my 'skinny jeans' still fit; the bad news is that they feel a bit tighter. I'm sure I'm up a few pounds but not sure how much. I have been trying to exercise a bit more knowing that I've also been eating more, but I think overall it's not been enough.

hlburke87 - welcome! I'm glad you found this group. I've only found it myself recently, and I am so glad for the support and encouragement here. Please don't feel ashamed at posting your starting weight - it's not about where you are; it's about where you're going. You are AWESOME for taking this first step towards better health and self-confidence, and we are all here to support you every step of the way!!
          Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Hi everybody,
            Probably not a good week for me to start this (I've been sick for three days), but I guess now is as good a time as any.

My highest weight was 225 about 4 years ago. I lost down to 165 over the course of two years, but then I lapsed back to eating things I know are bad for me. Bad for me, not necessarily bad for others. Now I'm at 167, and I would really like to get down to 140 or 150.

I reckon I'm down a couple of pounds from being sick, and will be up to 169 or 170 in a few days.

The sad thing about losing weight, at my age, 46, is that it seems to be migrating from my bosom to my gut, haha. It's really not fair Oh well, I'll look and feel better regardless. I've got to commit and get back on track. I've got to find ways to exercise even though it's too cold to go outside and I can't join a gym.

This group may just be the support I need.
            Portia

Comment

hlburke87, I'm so glad you found us. We are definitely here for you. Good luck. malaholic, I'm glad you found us. Keep having a good time on your vacation. Portia, so glad to have you aboard. We will definitely support you in your efforts to get rid of those pesky pounds. Now that the Holidays are over we can get down to business! Karen

Comment

happy new year!!!!!!!!

it's good to be back.
                i'm just going to start out fresh this year, since i have no clue when i weighed in last and i'm trying something different this time.

i was at 158.3 on weigh in day. already lost some more, can't wait to see what this week brings!
                i'm eating healthy- haven't eaten this much eggs, tuna & veges since i can't remember when!?

almost lapsed just a bit ago, a bag of opened Dove sea salt dark chocolates were on the table. while waiting for my green tea to brew one jumped in my mouth!
                i was savoring the choc, then realized what i'd done and actually spit it out!!!!!!!!
                yea, i hardly believe it either, but i DID IT!!!

maybe there is hope for me to reach an average weight!

see ya next week!!!

take care & God bless ya!
                "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Sorry I've been AWOL. The previous week was real busy, with the holidays and all. And, my daughter is visiting from Winnipeg, Canada.

And, this past week, for various reasons, I didn't get an accurate weight. I should be able to post my weight on Thursday.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi there! I don't know if this is open to everyone (and honestly, haven't read that far, so I don't know :P) But I recently had surgery and went from 145 lbs to 156 lbs! I'm able to start going back to the gym but am a little wary sometimes with my neck.

Here are my stats: I'm 25 years old, 5'7 and 156. Prior to my surgery I had been rock climbing and doing Gyrotonic which had brought me at my lowest point to 142 from 150 lbs. Now, with all my bills, all I can afford is a regular gym membership.

I know I'm not exactly extremely overweight but I am at the end of the healthy weight spectrum and quite frankly, I don't feel good. I'm tired and my clothes don't fit. And I like my clothes

My goal is to get down to 136 lbs for my best friend's wedding this summer. I felt the best at 140 but haven't been under 140 since I was like 16 so I think that would be great.

So far the past week I've really been trying to get back on track and to kick start that I've cut out alcohol completely (at least for a month) - I'm not a heavy drinker but I do enjoy a glass or two... or.... three on the weekends I'm also gluten free to try and reduce inflammation in the body. I try to be dairy free but cheese.

So, I'd like to join this if I can! To keep me accountable.

Comment

Welcome back Pooh! Good to C ya.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi- My name is Kelly and would love to join this group. I also do Spark People. I go to the doctor to get weighed next week. I only weigh myself 1x a month or else I find that I get obsessed with the scale. I don't even have a scale in my house.

I am in the middle of a relapse but I have been doing Pilates and riding the recumbent bike at PT.

Comment

Greetings Barrister16 and aislinngrace. You are both more than welcome to join our dedicated group. Just post the amount you lose, gain or if you stayed the same from week to week. Each person chooses his or her own weight loss method. I post a tip for the week. This group has been operating for 13 years and our collective weight loss total has been over one and three quarter tons! I credit this group for my not gaining lost weight back which can be a big challenge. I hope to see you at the next posting which will be Wednesday night in preparation for Thursday and the following week. Best wishes. Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                            Welcome back Pooh! Good to C ya.
                            thanks! it feels great to be back here!!!
                            hope i can keep it up once i start back babysitting later this month!

welcome to barrister and aislinngrace!!

wow, good job still being able to exercise during relapse! just be careful and don't overdo!

fantastic that you're catching yourself before you gain too much extra weight! it's alot easier to get back down, before it gets way out of hand! (i know, i did let it get too high and having been working for years just to get back to a passable weight.)

wonderful people here who'll help ya through!
                            shrink is the best with tips and encouragement!

take care & GOd bless ya!
                            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Barrister. Are you the Barrister that I know from Doing It With Multiple Sclerosis at SparkPeople? Welcome!
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X