changed meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changed meds

swapped from beta seron to tecfidera and within six months I have had new symptoms of real bad slurring cant swallow good at times, and my left side is out of control at times. I was noticing at my last neuro visit, there were no beta seron pamplets and there was tecfidera info all over the place along with tysabri. Am i crazy or is this switch a money thing for my neuros office?? She dont want to go back to Beta and wants me to switch to tysabri.i took beta for nearly 2 1/2 years and felt a lot better than I do now. I am really struggling at times.
    Disabled and going to school at the moment to make the best of my situation.

Why did you

stop taking betaseron? Whose idea was it to make the switch?

Comment

it was my neuros idea to change meds, now she wants me to take Keppra. I am quitting Tecfidera at my request and now she is starting Avonex. She dont think MS is causing my troubles. Meds is only thing that changed so you be the judge lol. I am really lost now. She says my EEG is a little abnormal and showed a little left frontal slowing. Took Beta Seron for 2 years and had no problems at all. Cant even finish my school right now.

Comment

My thoughts are "if it ain't broke don't fix it "
        Personally, I would wonder why she changed you from a med that has been around the longest and that was working for you.

My last neuro wanted me to go on Tysabri -- was pushing me very hard to do it. It was new then and I did not want to go on it. I got so tired of him pushing it I changed to a different neuro. Found out that my old neuro had 1/2 interest in a new infusion center ..... Go figure ..
        Good luck

Comment

Meds

That was what I thought too. I think they receive kickbacks from companies pushing meds. I didn't see any brochures for beta seron in the waiting room like I use to. Now there are brochures for Tecfidera and others. She says they switch all their patients that are doing good to the pill so they dont have to take shots. I was like "I will take a shot if it is working" Now I am starting Avonex, go figure lol. I have checked into a new neuro but the one I checked into and wanted to see doesn't take my insuance, so on to another one.

Comment

Avonex is not as strong as Betaseron, so I am not sure why your doctor wants you to try it. If you live near Nashville, there are several good MS doctors at the Vanderbilt MS Clinic.

Comment

Working...
            X