Numbness in thoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbness in thoat

I was just wondering if you can tell me if this a symptom of ms- numbness in tongue and back of thoat . Also, the top roof of mouth was numb too. I was scary- felt like my throat was closing in. It's better now after a day or so.

Yes, could be, I would ask a doc. And for the throat closing, I get care soonest possible.

I have had issues with my tongue, with lack of feeling in my mouth, with swallowing. In my case, it's all ms.

Comment

Hi, It also could have been a allergy and you should try to think if you ate or drank anything new or something you have not had for a long time that sounds a lot like anaphylax ic shock which could be very bad the next time.
      Good Luck.
      Peace
      Tortis

Comment

I have numbness/tingling in one side of my tongue and back of my throat on that side. For me, it is a symptom from a lesion that affects my lower cranial nerves.

As others have said, it could be an allergic reaction, If it is, it's important to seek medical attention quickly. When your throat feels like it's closing from an allergy, it's a "call 911" type of emergency. And if it is an allergy, they'll give you an epi-pen to carry with you in case you have another incident.

If it comes back and they determine it's not an allergy, ask your neuro about a swallow test, because when those muscles are affected by MS, it can affect your swallowing.

Comment

Working...
        X