Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye avonex, Hello Gilenya... maybe.

Hi,
    I am HOPEFULLY starting Gilenya "soon", I am currently on Avonex but my last MRI showed 2 new active lesions so they want me to switch. They wanted me to try plegridy but that got denied. So we settled on Gilenya.

I June I tried for Gilenya had all of the testing done (eye exam, ekg, and Blood work) I even had my start date scheduled but my Insurance at the time denied it. They wanted me to try something else first.

SO now I'm failing Avonex and try to get Gilenya again. My doctors PA said that all of my testing should still be valid. So hopefully I"ll be on it sooner rather than later.

My 2 big concerns are we are in the process of switch Insurance companies. So I don't know what to expect from my new one. On the formulary it just says Prior Authorization nothing about step therapy so hopefully it goes smoothly. And will I really be able to use my Tests from June.

I don't mind the avonex shot but I'm looking forward not dealing with it anymore. I'm trying not to be too optimistic. I'm sure there will be some stupid issues especially with swtiching insurance companies.
    Sos219
    4/24/2014
    Avonex

Gilenya 1/29/2015- present

Good luck, hope they don't give you a problem with switching!
    Jenn-- Proud mom to 2 boys. The teen who drives me up the wall and the 1st Grader who makes me laugh every day.

Comment

Working...
    X