Difficulty understanding...normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty understanding...normal?

I had a weird thing happen the other day. My daughter said something to me to relay to another person and it sounded like she was speaking another language. I couldn't comprehend what she said and couldn't remember it to relay to the other person....Is this normal when you have MS? Is that just another cognition problem?

I do not know if it is normal or not but i have the issue from time to time. It is like i can not keep up on what that person is saying. It feels as though they are talking too fast for me.

So wizardsmom6 , i too have issues understanding others words. With that being said i too have issues catching onto what someone is trying to say, it is like my comprehension has changed a lot.

I get confused with words, can not keep up with a conversation, etc.. I have to remind my family to slow down because Lord knows im getting slower mentally more and more.

My nuero has seen confusion in me . It is not easy to deal with but, i just keep reminding others idont function like i use to and it is hard for me to understand stuff and when they talk fast it makes it worse.

I guess thats the fun stuff we have to deal with. For me 1 day im with it and the next i feel like i turned into a mentally handicap ,drunken adult. So your not alone. Best wishes to you.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardsmom6 View Post
      I had a weird thing happen the other day and it sounded like she was speaking another language. I couldn't comprehend what she said ...Is this normal when you have MS? Is that just another cognition problem?

This happens to me all the time. I DO have trouble hearing (hearing aids for both ears) but with them I can hear fine most of the time. It is just that sometimes I have to try and decipher what people actually said. And like you, my daughter seems to be the one I have trouble understanding the most. I have to keep telling her to slow down and say it again ..

Comment

Yes, probably

It has never been like it is a foreign language, for me.

But, if it is in a stressful situation or if I have exhausted myself to the a certain point

It could be stressful stimuli like lights, sounds, or movement.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

This happens to me often. I feel so embarrassed, especially if I am at work. I try my best to comprehend but.....
          And even though the moment passed me by I still can't turn away
          'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
          Got tossed along the way

Comment

Working...
          X