another missed day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another missed day

In March, my Primary Physician did blood work showing my vitamin d at 10. One month ago, while at work cooking on the line, started pins and needles in my extremities it felt like someone was holding my feet. During that time I tried to tell my employees what was wrong with me and I couldn't talk. Just studder and stumble for words. Felt dizzy and faint. Went to ER claiming my vitmain D deficiency they did EKG, bloodwork, CT can, XRAYS all showing nothing. Follow up next day with PCP sends referral to Nuerologist and Gabapentin prescript. Pins and needles continue constantly, MIGRAINES and headaches, muscle spasms, heavy feet, yesterday pain began, before just extreme fatigue, I have fell 3 times, sometimes I will read something and it will say something totally different than what I translated. Did I say sharp pains and tightness around ribs and waist. In my sleep I twitch, toss turn, shake and it wakes my boyfriend. After my migraines the following days I am sick and ill.

I have had 2 MRIS spine with and without contrast, brain without contrast, 2 ct scans, nerve test. To be done: Spinal tap, ECHO, ultrasound of heart and possibly blockages. Wating on: Updated Vitamin d (was 10), cholestrol panel the fasting one (was 132) b12 (was normal) coper (don't know)

Neuro says looking for MS or TIA. Seems to me no concern (not saying they are doing anything wrong, I am clueless even reading about MS and Vitamin D) I am just concerned for my wellbeing. I am 31 years old, and a generally energetic person. I have a 4 year old boy, I work 50 hours a week as Assistant Manager at a taco bell (HARD work) and maintain a social and family life. I tend to my housework and try to help my 73 yo mother with Parkinson's out. But this month (thank God for salary) I have missed 7 days of work and have been near useless at work when I'm there. The last few hours of work I can usually hardly stand, it feels like my shoes are suffocating my feet and they just have pins and needles times a million. I feel so inadequate and like a baby! I feel like the doctor expects me to figure out how to cope with this alone and I don't know how to manage myself until some diagnosis is made.

Never wished so terribly someone could pick up my planner and figure out the next month for me without me having to be concerned. Is that terrible?

At the beginning of the year missing strings to mirena IUD cased OBGYN to have exploritory surgery in search and do DNC, some cysts were found nothing too big of a deal. I feel like since then I have been under the weather. Could it be adhesions? Can surgery cause flare ups for MS? During my pregnancy with my son I couldn't hold my prenatal pills down till about 7 months I threw up CONSTANTLY, and I have had trouble with my teeth since then, Could vitamin D be since then?

Going crazy.

Hi Krystal,

You definitely have a lot on your plate. I am sorry you have been feeling bad. I really can't add much, as I am not sure if you have general questions on MS, vitamin D deficiency, employment issues? If health related, you may want to start thread in general area. I do hope you are feeling a little better.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Pain, fatigue, twitching,muscles spasms, etc, etc. Whatever you have, it sounds like you may be in a flare. Has your doctor discussed the possibility of steroids to decrease the duration of your flare?

Could be MS. Could be lots of other things. MS has a lot of copy-cat diseases. Google: MS differential diagnosis . You'll find info there on diseases with similar symptoms.

In the meantime, I would ask my doc about the possibility of steroids and whether they might help, or be appropriate. Also ask doc about the side effects of steroids. They are horrific. But, in my case, always worth it, anyways, to get out of my Gawd-awful MS flares.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X