Starting Plegridy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waltercc View Post
    I had my first injection today and I was soo nervous, I had to let my husband do it while I looked away. HOWEVER...I did not feel a thing...I was like, "that's it?" I was at least expecting a prick. This was at 11 am and I feel fine now. I took some aleve before the injection, so right now, I am fine. I will see if it remains the same after the second injection.
    So glad to hear everything is going so well. You really don't feel it, not even the injection. Keep in mind that the Otc pain meds really do help. I just forget to keep taking it. Once again, glad to hear!
    DX 11/2014
    Plegridy -1/2015
    Gilenya - 8/2017

Comment

Once you get past the anxiety, it's really not bad at all. I always expect the shot itself to be uncomfortable, since I'm used to Copaxone.

I spoke to the nurse at the MS Center about my swollen glands and she told me to hold off on doing my injection until my glands are back to normal. They're getting there, but still tender. This is going to throw off my whole schedule! Lol. It kind of will because I will probably do my shot this Thursday night, so I will be doing it on my usual day of the week, but I'll just be off a week. I have a couple of big events on 2 Saturdays in April (18 & 25). This will put shot Thursday right before the bigger event. Thing is they are both dance performances, so I have a lot of preparation and rehearsals and don't have time to be sick.
      Dx'd : 10/30/2002
      Started Copaxone 12/16/2002
      Currently on Rituxan

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnada View Post
        Once you get past the anxiety, it's really not bad at all. I always expect the shot itself to be uncomfortable, since I'm used to Copaxone.

I spoke to the nurse at the MS Center about my swollen glands and she told me to hold off on doing my injection until my glands are back to normal. They're getting there, but still tender. This is going to throw off my whole schedule! Lol. It kind of will because I will probably do my shot this Thursday night, so I will be doing it on my usual day of the week, but I'll just be off a week. I have a couple of big events on 2 Saturdays in April (18 & 25). This will put shot Thursday right before the bigger event. Thing is they are both dance performances, so I have a lot of preparation and rehearsals and don't have time to be sick.
        Did everything go well with your dance performances considering you had to your injection right before?

Comment

Thank you guys! So its almost a week later and there is redness and slight itching where I had the injection...applying ice to it. It feels tender. Im hoping it goes away soon. Have you experienced this? How long does it last?

Comment

Originally posted by waltercc View Post
            Did everything go well with your dance performances considering you had to your injection right before?
            They are in April, so we will see. I'm sure it will go fine. We did one dance at a 55+ community this evening along with several others for their international festival. I now have a sinus infection, but I'm on enough medication that I was able to get through it fine. Actually, had a few people come up and tell me we did a great job.
            Dx'd : 10/30/2002
            Started Copaxone 12/16/2002
            Currently on Rituxan

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnada View Post
              They are in April, so we will see. I'm sure it will go fine. We did one dance at a 55+ community this evening along with several others for their international festival. I now have a sinus infection, but I'm on enough medication that I was able to get through it fine. Actually, had a few people come up and tell me we did a great job.
              Oh noo! Well, I hope you feel better. Glad you guys did well

Comment

Hi there... First post. So... Never really had a flare up ever but did hurt myself in gym referred to MRI and immediate DX with m.s.
                No meds for a year, avonex for a year, tec for mmm 2 months, back on avonex for a year. Avonex was well tolerated did have side effects sometimes but always used that as an excuse to medicate the crap out of myself and wash down with a couple beers lol (my poor liver I know I know)

So took first pleg shot BC less injections for same effect seems good. I injected first shot on Monday it is now Wednesday and I feel like I have arthritis. Knees, weak feeling, achy joints and sensitive skin. Avonex never really hit me this hard. I mean I can handle it but I am gonna stick with for four more shots and see what happens. I had similar experience with avonex but never more that 12-16hrs after shot.
                Time release medicine = time release s.e. or at least that is my impression so far.
                It is important to note that my neuro and I chose to NOT titrate. I figure what's the point. I will be on full strength at some point. If I don't like it I want off the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by bacon View Post
                  Hi there... First post. So... Never really had a flare up ever but did hurt myself in gym referred to MRI and immediate DX with m.s.
                  No meds for a year, avonex for a year, tec for mmm 2 months, back on avonex for a year. Avonex was well tolerated did have side effects sometimes but always used that as an excuse to medicate the crap out of myself and wash down with a couple beers lol (my poor liver I know I know)

So took first pleg shot BC less injections for same effect seems good. I injected first shot on Monday it is now Wednesday and I feel like I have arthritis. Knees, weak feeling, achy joints and sensitive skin. Avonex never really hit me this hard. I mean I can handle it but I am gonna stick with for four more shots and see what happens. I had similar experience with avonex but never more that 12-16hrs after shot.
                  Time release medicine = time release s.e. or at least that is my impression so far.
                  It is important to note that my neuro and I chose to NOT titrate. I figure what's the point. I will be on full strength at some point. If I don't like it I want off the ride.
                  Hey Bacon,

How has plegridy been going for you? I like your idea of time released side effects, but I have had no such issues. I do have side effects but the seem to come and go wishing a period of 6-24 hours. After that everything is fine. Usually it is just fever and aches, which isn't awesome by any means. Completely dealable though. And then depending on the injection site I'll get a pink itchy spot approximately 1 week after the injection. At any rate, my experience with plegridy thus far has not been the greatest but I'm sticking in there to see if the side effects subside over time.

Has anyone had the side effects cease after being on the medication for while? They are a bit inconveniencing.

TravisT
                  DX 11/2014
                  Plegridy -1/2015
                  Gilenya - 8/2017

Comment

Working...
                  X