Weird Blood results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Blood results

I have been taking Gilenya now for 2-3 years (can't remember which lol). My blood work has been consistently ok until the last 6 months where my Gamma Liver result has started to rise in Oct it was 164 but my other liver results have been within range. Lymphocytes have stayed around the 0.3 - 0.4 which is where it should be. We decided to keep an eye on the liver and booked a follow up for 3 months, early Feb with bloods before.

Anyway I had been feeling a little 'off' and decided to get my bloods done early. My pee had been a bit dark although not smelly. Anyway got the results today and my Gamma liver has now risen to 364 so over doubled and is now 7 times the high range, the other liver results have also risen some double and some just out. But the weirdest one of all is that my lymphocytes have risen to 1.6 which is in the normal range. Not where it should be.

Anyone else had this happen. Incidentally about 6 months ago my BP suddenly went high and now on meds for that although that has now started to come back down

Apart from all of this I have been cycling to work and back about 5 miles each way 3 times a week, walking and just recently I have been doing the couch to 5k running in a bid to keep me fit. Seems the more I do the more my body rejects it lol.

Thanks for listening
    Jo

Hi Johooper,

Gilenya can cause liver problems, which could explain the rise in your liver numbers. Dark urine is another possible sign of liver injury. http://www.rxlist.com/gilenya-side-e...rug-center.htm

A sudden rise in lymphocytes also indicates something's amiss with your body, either an infection or in your case, possible injury to your liver. My lymphocyte counts suddenly rose while I was on Gilenya; in retrospect, it was a sign a serious infection was brewing.

It's a good thing you had your blood tested early, so your doctor can take action sooner rather than later. Please get in touch with him/ her as soon as possible regarding your results. You will probably be told to stop Gilenya, at least until those numbers stabilize.

Please keep us updated!

Good luck.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

gamma liver

[are you inthe U.S. ? what is a "gamma" liver test?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyd787 View Post
        what is a "gamma" liver test?
        This is the gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) test. It measures the amount of the enzyme GGT in your blood.

This test is usually ordered with other liver enzyme tests to determine if there is damage to your liver. High GGT blood levels are usually found if there if is.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
        X