facial numbness when to call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

facial numbness when to call?

My face has been numb since Sunday. It feels like I had a novacaine shot that is wearing off. You can't tell by looking at me, the muscles are working fine. It's an annoying feeling more than anything. I'm not sure when I should call the Neurologist or dentist. Or just wait and hopefully it will go away. I've had tingling in my face but never numbness. Any opinions or shared experiences are appreciated.

Shared Experience

Having the right side of my face experience numbness/tingling was one of my first symptoms. Just as you explained, it felt like the novocaine was wearing off at the dentist.

Although I experienced this more than twenty years ago, it was mostly annoying and went away on it's own. But, I was in my early twenties and was a few months away from a dx.

Perhaps more will chime in about a possible tx strategy, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in dealing with this annoyingly strange sx.

Hang In There!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

Whether this is something new or old if it has lasted more than 24-48 hours I would call my Neurologist. It may not be anything but I would at least call and have it in my records. You never know when it may come in handy. Just my opinion.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X