Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neulasta after Lemtrada for white blood count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neulasta after Lemtrada for white blood count?

Has anyone heard of Neulasta? A friend of mine who has had chemo for breast cancer told me about it. I was asking her how long she had to stay in after chemo and she said that she didn't have to. They gave her a shot of Neulasta.

I wonder if this is a possibility for Lemtrada. I start as soon as the doctor can get everything set up.

Thanks

There was a trial where Lemtrada was injected. Hmmm ... where is that information ....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22252465

Alemtuzumab is an anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody with remarkable efficacy in relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS). In clinical trials and off-label use in MS, alemtuzumab has been administered intravenously (IV). Alemtuzumab is approved for chronic lymphoid leukemia as IV. Oncology guidelines recommend alemtuzumab subcutaneous (SC) over IV. There is no report of alemtuzumab SC in MS. We report two patients with highly active relapsing MS who were treated with SC alemtuzumab, had significant improvement and tolerated SC alemtuzumab well without the typical infusion-associated adverse events. SC alemtuzumab in MS warrants further studies as this may enhance patient convenience and minimize infusion-associated adverse events.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

What I should have been more clear about was, I wonder if after the course of Lemtrada you could have a shot of Neulasta to help with white blood count? To cut down risk of infection after.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I should have been clearer about what I was asking. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a shot of Neulasta after the course of Lemtrada to help with white blood count? To help with chance of infection.

Thanks!

Comment

OK, sorry I misunderstood.

I don't know about Neulasta, but there are trials going on to minimize Lemtrada side effects.

http://www.colescambridge.org.uk/tri...ticipation.htm

Comment

Working...
          X