Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I DONT HAVE MEMORY PROBLEMS!! YEAH RIGHT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DONT HAVE MEMORY PROBLEMS!! YEAH RIGHT!!

For th last week everytime I went somewhere, even my eye doctor yesterday, when they asked me my age I said quickly 59. Well last night while picking up prescriptions they asked my age and I confidently said, you guessed it, 59. The clerk started laughing, they all know me by name, and asked now are you sure about that. Of course I said well yeah. She laughed again and quietly told me you're 58. I quickly, as fast as I could, did the math in my head and said I'll be damn I am 58. I laughed and told her I've been telling everyone I'm 59. Of course we had a good laugh.

So no I don't have a memory problem. Pretty bad when you can't remember how old you are. LOL!!!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I forgot too

I told everyone who asked me this year that I was 38 until about 2 months ago, but I am 39. I figure it doesn't matter that much anyway. One time when I went to the neuro they gave me the mini neuro test. I knew I failed it but I went over my answers in the car and they were so far off I actually got depressed. I mean who can't count backward from 100 by 7? I had to let it go altogether and since then I do not hang onto that kind of mess. It can really get you down on yourself for no real reason. Nobody cares how many f words I can think of and nobody cares whether I am 38 or 39.
    You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
      For th last week everytime I went somewhere, even my eye doctor yesterday, when they asked me my age I said quickly 59. Well last night while picking up prescriptions they asked my age and I confidently said, you guessed it, 59. The clerk started laughing, they all know me by name, and asked now are you sure about that. Of course I said well yeah. She laughed again and quietly told me you're 58. I quickly, as fast as I could, did the math in my head and said I'll be damn I am 58. I laughed and told her I've been telling everyone I'm 59. Of course we had a good laugh.

So no I don't have a memory problem. Pretty bad when you can't remember how old you are. LOL!!!
      Yeah I did the same thing last year , I even filled out some forms at my dentist's and put my correct birth year but wrong age.... I'm only 28 (I think!)

Comment

My Mum used to say that's how you know you're officially "old", when you forget your own age. I used to think she was nuts, now it happens!
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I could this one, but only a couple days remaining in 2014,

But then I will have until March. Wewhhh : )

I was born in 1957, and I am 57.

Comment

I know I have memory problems. My brain is maxed with my job and living my life. Recently I was going through my vitamin cabinet and I pulled out a bunch of interesting bottles. I did not remember buying them, didn't recognize them, started reading the bottles and slowly slowly slowly it dawned on me... these were all supplements to improve memory. I had forgotten to take them, forgotten about them entirely.

I have started huge projects - writing, investing, studying a new language, volunteering- other life changing life improvement projects -- and then forgotten about them within days.

My neuro says I don't have memory problems, if people start pointing things out I might. But my boyfriend whom I live with won't point it out, he just adjusts to it by reminding me of everything. "Do you need to get gas? Do you need to take your computer?" I feel like he's nagging and it's annoying, but really, he's compensating for my own troubles remembering stuff!

I get upset if he moves something, puts my favorite spatula in a different drawer, or moves a chair where I will hit it while walking in my normal walk path. I get very annoyed, super frustrated. I tell him, I'm like a blind person, you cannot move things from their normal position! I don't have energy to waste looking for stuff and watching for new obstacles in my path!

My life is too full, everything has to run perfectly or I am in trouble. Or my boyfriend is in trouble, I should say!
            Jam
            DX'd MS 8/17/05
            God never closes a door without at least cracking open a window.

Comment

Working...
            X