Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSsential

Hi guys,

I'm a bit surprised that there's been no mention of MSsential , a multi-vitamin supplement, "put together" by an MSer and containing all the relevant supplements and minerals that have been shown to be of potential benefit to us.

Any views?

Hi GJinUK,

I checked out the website and the vitamin B12 is extremely high at 5000 mcg/83,000 daily percent! I would question that and the ginkgo biloba (herb) listed can have a counteractive effect with certain medicines. Do you take it?

I take a B complex by Andrew Lessman that has a higher amount of B's but nothing too high.

Hope this helps!
    Nikki

Comment

I take 5,000 B12 (sublingual) daily. Just had my annual know your numbers blood tests (for company insurance) and B12 was at 1,999 (which is higher than it needs to be). PCP said the is no toxicity associated with B12 (like D3) so she said keep doing what I am doing.

I am not sure how much MSsential costs but if you wait for a BOGO at your pharmacy or grocery store (which seems to happen every other month) the B12 doesn't cost much.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicoly3467 View Post
        Hi GJinUK,

I checked out the website and the vitamin B12 is extremely high at 5000 mcg/83,000 daily percent! I would question that and the ginkgo biloba (herb) listed can have a counteractive effect with certain medicines. Do you take it?

I take a B complex by Andrew Lessman that has a higher amount of B's but nothing too high.

Hope this helps!
        I have been taking the MSsential supplement. I was on it for a few months and then stopped. Then after a few weeks, I started having problems with fatigue. Whether is was not taking the supplement or the sudden onset of our Summer, I'm not sure. MS presents conundrums like that!

But, I decided to start taking it again about 6 weeks ago. No major improvements in fatigue levels, but it is still our Summer, allegedly!

There must be some psychological benefit, he says hopefully

Comment

Working...
        X