Gilenya fails PPMS test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya fails PPMS test

Novartis said the failure of the study “is very disappointing” to sufferers of the disorder, but it is committed to pursuing treatments for patients with multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions.The Phase III INFORMS trial involved 970 people. Results from the trial demonstrated that Gilenya was not significantly better than placebo in PPMS patients.
    • There remains no approved treatments for PPMS.
    • PPMS affects approximately 10% of the estimated 2.3 million MS patients

Researchers familiar with the Gilenya failure are indicating that PPMS and RRMS may be different to the point that other approved RRMS treatments could also fail in PPMS trials. Novartis said they will actively work with the MS community to review the study results, hoping to gain an improved understanding of PPMS.

To my PPMS friends, words cannot express how sorry I am. I did not see this information posted, so I felt an obligation to inform.

Oops, I was on the verge of trying that next. Guess not now. Sent the Novartis press release link to my neuro because it's a pretty safe bet that he's not on top of it.

Thanks for letting us know, Marco. It's better to be informed, even if it isn't what you want to hear.
    PPMS
    Dx 07/13

Comment

Working...
    X