Anyone else feel alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else feel alone?

Hello I'm just curious if anyone else feels so alone?? Been diagnosed now for 3 months but suspected MS for few years prior.. I'm a stay at home mother of 4. Feel as though everyone is tired of me being tired or not feeling good. So I don't talk about not feeling good any more. Wishing there were support groups in my area or wish could find someone to talk to about all thats going on. I feel alone and trapped. Confused half the time I'm either really angry or just want to cry. I'm on so many different meds too. It's still hard for me to come to terms with all of this. Like this is my life now..

You're definitely not alone — there are posts on this topic frequently and in fact, there is one right now over in the Questions and Answers forum: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134970

I think one of the saddest and most difficult things about becoming "sick" is the feeling of isolation. Our culture does not deal with aging or illness very well, and many if not most people are afraid of it. That's why I think we have to stick together as the people who understand the best.

Comment

Thank you for your relpy. Yes I do feel like other people don't understand. One of my bigest obstacles is the fatigue. I'm afraid it just looks like lazyness.

Comment

you are definitely NOT alone!

wondering2,
        being a stay at home mom of 4 would make anyone feel 'alone'! disability or not!
        half a lifetime ago, i stayed at home with my 2 girls (2 yrs apart) in a very small town. knew most of the town, but still felt so isolated & alone.

fast forward 25 yrs., i'm a stay at home ??? homemaker doesn't seem to fit- since the home is always dirty- floors, dishes, clothes, etc. i do keep my grandbaby who is 2 yrs old, usually 3 days a week for about 11 hrs straight.

my world has shrunk again. even when i'm not keeping her i'm so fatigued that i don't feel like going anywhere or spending time with friends.

fatigue is a very real problem, especially if you're taking care of children. talk to your dr. about supplements or RXs that will help with energy level.

resting/ napping when grandbaby does helps some.
        take care of yourself and not try to cram too much housework in if the kids will let you rest. sometimes even just a 'power nap' helps. stay hydrated, that helps with fatigue.

stay connected at MSWorld, there's a lot of wonderful people here who understand and want to help.

take care & God bless you!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Yes, but, no, but yes. We MS "failures" (it's progressed, despite everything) are hidden away down here. I do understand about frightening the new folk.

Comment

sticking together

Originally posted by poppydarling View Post
            You're definitely not alone — there are posts on this topic frequently and in fact, there is one right now over in the Questions and Answers forum: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134970

I think one of the saddest and most difficult things about becoming "sick" is the feeling of isolation. Our culture does not deal with aging or illness very well, and many if not most people are afraid of it. That's why I think we have to stick together as the people who understand the best.

I am new to MSWORLD & I just wanted to say 'right on'! We definitely have to stick together & try to help each other deal with this horrible dark passenger(too much Dexter) LOL

Comment

Looking for a friend?

Hi everyone,

My name is Josianne and I'm from Canada, Qc. I was DX in 2007, at 20. It's been really hard for me from the beginning. My main symptoms are difficulty walking, numbness, spasms & fatigue. I'm slowly losing my arms & hands. Which is scary. I'm tired, physically & mentally. I've tried many things but nothing works. Currently on GILENYA but will switch to OCRELIZUMAB soon.

It'd be really nice to talk to anyone living with MS and not doing so well either. To relate. It's lonely sometimes. I'm close to my family and I'm grateful for their help. Looking forward to share my story and read yours.

Have a nice day

Comment

Hello josiejones and welcome to MSW.

Sorry you are feeling so alone. MSW has helped me with loneliness. I can relate to having some of the same sx's as you, I have a lot of difficulty walking and numbness and spasms and sometimes left arm starts tinging and my hand will draw up and yes it is so scary to think you are losing the use of your arm and hand.

I started on Ocrevus (Ocrelizumab) in June. It is a good med. I hope you will be able to take it.

You may want to start a new thread, I believe more people would see it and you would get more post.

I hope you start feeling better soon.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi!

Thank you for replying. I'm new here so I have no idea how it works. I'll check it out and start a new thread.

Comment

Heck yes I do

I feel very alone. I've been diagnosed since 2002, and was a member of a bunch of MS communities on LiveJournal back when it was active, but LJ died a few years ago & I haven't really talked to anyone with MS in a while. I don't know anyone in person who has it. I just finally joined this site because I feel like I'm going crazy alone in MS-ville... my family just gives me sad looks or tells me to "pray about it" when I try to talk to them about it, or they outright deny that I have it (depending on which family member I talk to), my friends change the subject. I have zero people to relate to. It sucks, yo.

Have been having new symptoms lately, too, which has me feeling wibbly, but still no listening ears from friends or family. Which makes me mad but I don't know if I should be mad?? I understand their avoidance.

You're not alone, though.
                    If you ever need to talk, my name is Sara, shoot me a message or something. <3

Comment

HEY

Hi Sara,

Sorry for the delay. I was trying to send you a private message but I don't see how. Why isn't there a private chat room somewhere? You might know this website more than I do. I'd be happy to talk with you.

Josianne

Comment

Thumbs up

You are not alone. Thanks for sharing. I was feeling alone too. Now smiling a little because alone and too don’t make sense by each other.
                        May 2003-Avonex started
                        July 2007-Rebif
                        Laugh than Pray!

Comment

Working...
                        X