ON-anything you can do to control it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON-anything you can do to control it?

I feel an episode coming on-classic eye movement pain starting the last few days. Is there *anything* one can do to lessen the episode?

Ive had full blown ON three times and each time it came on fast. But once I went to the docs with eye pain and although he did not see anything yet...he put me on a Medrol Pak to be safe. It was just enough to stop the pain and stopped it from developing into something bigger.

I dont mess around with ON, mine is bilateral. I have been lucky to retain my eyesight each time...but the Optic Nerves are sustaining damage.

Hope it is just sinus issues and will resolve for you this weekend.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank Katie
      My last episode was 1.5 years ago, lasted forever and I've never fully regained my vision in my left eye. I am fairly newly diagnosed, but this would be my 4th episode in the last 10 years. I feel totally at a loss. They would not treat the ON last time since I hadn't been formally diagnosed yet. Just started Tecfidera this week and hoping I fair better than I did with Copaxone.

Comment

not sure if this is true

When I feel the pain and see a foggy brown spot starting in my eye, I try

a) taking ibuprofen to reduce swelling, but be careful about bleeding ulcers... lots of water and food with doses

b) sleep, sleep, sleep... as much rest as I can

c) meditate, pray, WHATEVER I can do to relieve stress

d) I eat gluten free, since SOME people think there is a link thru the leaky gut syndrome

Again, maybe I have just been lucky and there was not really ON starting, but since I have started doing these things I have not had a relapse with ON in the two years since Left eye blindness got my attention and a diagnosis I despise.
        You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Whenever I have ON the ONLY thing that does anything is IVSM with an oral taper. It's a strong dose, meant to 1) reduce inflammation of the Optic Nerve and 2) shut down your immune system so it stops attacking.

My ON is severe, complete loss of sight literally overnight, so my dose may be different than others.

Good luck, please keep us posted.
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by zilphia01 View Post
            When I feel the pain and see a foggy brown spot starting in my eye, I try

a) taking ibuprofen to reduce swelling, but be careful about bleeding ulcers... lots of water and food with doses

b) sleep, sleep, sleep... as much rest as I can

c) meditate, pray, WHATEVER I can do to relieve stress

d) I eat gluten free, since SOME people think there is a link thru the leaky gut syndrome

Again, maybe I have just been lucky and there was not really ON starting, but since I have started doing these things I have not had a relapse with ON in the two years since Left eye blindness got my attention and a diagnosis I despise.
            I have had too many episodes to even count. i am 20 years old. just started gluten-free diet to see how this affects ON. thank you for the information you provided! sounds really helpful! I also try not think of ON, and it seems as the less i think about it, the quicker it goes away!

Comment

Working...
            X