Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas?

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what may be going on with me. Obviously many of us have been without answers and I am no exception. Had neurological sumptoms 8 years ago and was told it was likely MS. Had lesions, upper motor neuron signs (clonus, spasticity, hyperflexia, positive Babinski) and also had weakness of L. leg as well as ataxia, balance problems, tremors and bladder problems. Once lesions healed and symptoms remitted (signs never did) I was told it was not MS and no one knew. Although discouraged, I was much better and returned to live my life.

Eight years later I am not well again. Left leg again weak and spastic. Also have pins in needles in that leg and back of head. Also have weakness in both arms and hands. Some clumsiness and balance problems and horrible fatigue. MRI clear and waiting to see neurologist.

My GP thought for sure it was MS given the 8 year long remission, but MRI clear and no positive blood tests. I am hoping this just goes away again for 8 years, but if it doesn't or comes back again I am going to need to figure this out. Any idea what disease looks like MS and comes and goes after 8 years?

I am in a similar situation...but no lesions found 7 years ago. Based on the two neuros who saw me, I'm betting they would have dx'd MS then if I'd had any sign on the MRI. Now we are on the hunt again. I don't have an answer for you, but wanted you to know you're not alone. We'll see what my new MRIs show...

Comment

Working...
    X