How do you manage and cope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you manage and cope?

I am here for the second time around. First time was 8 years ago when I had bizarre signs/symptoms similar to MS. Was told it was MS and then told it wasn't. I improved greatly after several months with only minimal issues and went on with life.

Now after all these years I am once again showing similar signs and symptoms. GP thought it must be MS given 8 year remittance, but recent MRI's of brain and spine showed nothing. Now waiting to see a neurologist.

I am glad there were no lesions and just keep hoping this goes away and I get another 8 years of peace and quiet. In the meantime I am getting worse and finding it very difficult to maintain my current routine which really isn't that busy or stressful. I have a cushy job and work about 30 hours per week, my kids are teens and drive themselves and my husband is very supportive and helpful.

Unfortunately these issues are slowing me down. The fatigue is horrible, I have balance issues, pins and needles in L. leg and head, muscle spasms and weakness and stiffness in my L. leg and right arm. Everything is an effort and I am getting sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have been like this almost ten weeks now and am not sure if I can keep up with everything especially if I get worse or I get busier.

How do you keep going and find the strength (mentally and physically) when you have no answers and no way of relieving your symptoms? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jennagain

Hi Jennagain!
    Sorry you are having symptoms. Hopefully, you will get some answers when you see the neurologist. If not, you may need to find a sympathetic doctor who will treat your symptoms.

I was treated by a rheumatologist before I was diagnosed with MS. I was on almost all the same medications that I am on now. Unfortunately, there are many conditions that can cause MS symptoms. They kept telling me that I had lupus. It may take a while to find a diagnosis.

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Comment

Thank You

Yes I am realizing there are so many diseases and conditions, many of which are rare or not as common as MS. I have been tested many times for other autoimmune diseases like lupus, but to date everything has always been negative. Funny enough I have never been sent to a rheumatologist as my GP thinks it is definitely neuro in nature. She told me to ask the neuro if a should see a rheumatologist when I am there. I definitely will do this. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X