Heart PVC's and Avonex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart PVC's and Avonex?

I am at the the point of thinking it is the Avonex that is the cause of my heart pvc's. I have been on Avonex for little more than 2 years. Since about march of this year I have had a strong beating of my heart that feels like pounding. My reg primary dr did not find anything.

Went on to Sept when I went in for a routine colonoscopy (which was normal, yea!) but they noticed a problem with my ekg. I was referred to a heart dr. I had a heart echo and I had to wear a holter monitor. It registed about 30,000 pvc's within 128000 heart beats in 24 hours. My hear echo is ok. Just a little mitral valve leak that causes no problems.

I had a chemical stress test. Was told it was normal. I was advised to take my Atenolol twice. I normally take 50mg once a day and now I take 50 mg twice a day. it
    helped a tiny bit. I will see the heart dr. again in 4 months.

All of my meds were reviewed and ruled out with the exception of Avonex. I will see my neuro next month and see what can be done. I have a relapse about every 9 to 12 months it seems. I have been on Betaseron before Avonex.

I want to know if anyone else on here has had this problem. I did not take the shot for 3 weeks until last night. Then it is beating faster/stronger feeling. I had laid off any cokes or tea or anything with caffine including chocolate. Avonex is the only thing I would suspect it would be.

I am so tired of it. It is sort of like when you get scared suddenly and that feeling you get in the chest. all. the. time. Good news is that with all the heart work up, I know I do not have any blockages, an enlarged heart, etc.

I do not think I am going to inject any more Avonex.

Hi Pinker - sorry to hear of your problems with Avonex, but it's good that you had some thorough testing for your heart. I found this from RXlist.com:

Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: mental/mood changes (e.g., depression, thoughts of suicide, new or worsening psychiatric symptoms), hair loss, vision changes, persistent fatigue, numbness/tingling/swelling of the hands/ankles/feet, muscle weakness, trouble breathing, sudden weight gain, gradual change in weight (without a change in diet or exercise), cold or heat intolerance, slow/fast/irregular heartbeat, easy bleeding or bruising, signs of infection (e.g., fever, persistent sore throat), yellowing eyes or skin, persistent nausea/vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain, dark urine.

http://www.rxlist.com/avonex-side-ef...rug-center.htm

JMO, but I'd probably be doing the same and back away from A, but call into your neuro's office and let them know! Maybe they can get you in sooner? There are plenty of other DMT's out there which may be better suited for you.

Let us know how it goes!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X