Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My body keeps leaning to the right, anyone else have a similar symptom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My body keeps leaning to the right, anyone else have a similar symptom?

I didn't know where to post because I guess this isn't so much dizziness or vertigo. What would this be called? For a week now I've noticed I lean heavily to the right when sitting or walking, almost like my body is being pulled and weighed down on that side. No tingling or numbness though, the room isn't spinning or anything. Really just feels like my spatial awareness is off.

Yes, I have had this. It is just an exacerbation. Sometimes it lasts only 24 hours, sometimes days. Mine sometimes also comes with an inability to control my abdominal muscles, like they are very weak. I cannot sit up without help. I fall over if I try to sit down, or even sit on the floor. It is very weird, but due to a lesion in the brain.

Call your neurologist and tell them about it. They may or may not order steroids.

Good luck!
    Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I have had this happen also. I also thought it was just an exacerbation. Mine has lasted anywhere from 24 - 48 hours, sometimes more days. I also have troubles controlling my abdominal muscles, like they are weak. I just lay down for a long time. The lesions in the brain cause weird things to happen we cannot know. I would also suggest that you call your neurologist and tell them about it. Have you used steroids?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to both of you for responding. Good news is that the symptoms are gone. I'm in limbo land and have to wait till dec 11 for my first neuro appointment. Hopefully I won't need steroids before then.

Comment

Yes I have this frequently especially when I'm fatigued. I would start walking in the middle of the hallway and slowly drift to the wall. I have gotten used to wall walking now. Usually I'll just start right off near the wall. I have some proprioception problems so touching the wall as I walk helps me. Glad to hear you are better. Good luck at your appointment.

Comment

i lean to the left, it definately started with an exacerbation and improved but now as i tire later in the day i find it takes a lot of effort to remain sitting upright. biggest issue is that i sleep sitting up and find i can end up leaning very close to the edge of the bed as i also drift that way in my sleep so i have gotten a wedge to help prop me up and prevent me doing a nose dive off the bed!

Comment

Me too!

Originally posted by AriD View Post
              Yes I have this frequently especially when I'm fatigued. I would start walking in the middle of the hallway and slowly drift to the wall. I have gotten used to wall walking now. Usually I'll just start right off near the wall. I have some proprioception problems so touching the wall as I walk helps me. Glad to hear you are better. Good luck at your appointment.
              I do this too! I am having trouble finding a neurologist right now, one who will actually take a second and listen to me or even look at the MRI disc I brought in....but when I have episodes of vertigo, I list to the right and learned to, while at work, just use my right pointer finger to guide myself along the wall, hoping no one would notice....

Comment

My first exacerbation included this symptom. my balance was horrible and I often felt like I was leaning and falling over. it used to feel worse in wide open spaces like the mall and I would often fall into walls, furniture etc. changing was always a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                X