Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bladder issues with Baclofen pump worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder issues with Baclofen pump worse?

I had the baclofen pump trial yesterday with positive effects with leg spasticity. I retain urine but do not self cath. No UTI's, but the Dr. said the pump may slow down urine output.

Now I am worried I would be trading less spasticity for more bladder problems. Not to mention constipation issues or difficulty with orgasms.

Anyone interested in sharing their experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i had no difference involving any bladder issues. or bowel either.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi ijustcallit,

I didn't notice any real changes, either. Everything stayed on the same path as they already were.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hi all

I have to agree with the others. I have bladder issues but they haven't worsened since I got the baclofen pump

Take Care, Bob

Comment

Thank you all so much for your answers. I'm just nervous about the surgery and the recovery. I have severe spasticity and hope the pump helps.

Comment

I'm late to this discussion. I hope your surgery goes well, check in with us after the surgery.

As to bladder issues...my pump has had no effect on my bladder. Not saying I haven't had bladder issues, like many MSers, just that they didn't change once I had the pump implanted.

Comment

Hi ijustcallit

Medtronic does have an Ambassador program, where you can talk with a current pump patient.
              You can access it through baclofenpump.com.

I wish you the best

Take Care, Bob

Comment

I take the pills

Hi - don't know if this will help or not, but I take Baclofen via pill form. I've had bladder problems for years, and I haven't noticed any changes in this area (good or bad) since I started this medication a few months ago. I love having relief from the spasms and cramping in my legs and feet, but I hear ya when you say you don't want to make the other problem worse. I hope it works for you!
                Dx 1991, remission til 2007 so now SPMS.
                Currently on Tecfidera and Fampyra.

"It is the possibility that keeps me going - not the guarantee." N. Sparks

Comment

Working...
                X