Electric carts at the grocery store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B Ware Fart Carts

I have had some problems with the fart carts. A lot of people leave them in the parking lots. They get hit by cars, wet in the rain....makes the seats look dry but are squishy so when you stand you look like you peed yourself ..... then left in the sun.....now if you tend to have a cold butt that is OK since it is warm.....if not you get a little surprise when your nether regions get lit up.

Then you get one of these abused fart carts......that is where it gets even more fun. I had one that would stop with no warning...you get going good and wham it stops...not bad unless your having a pain day....

Then there is one the wheels arent quite right....so it thumps up and down.....fun little roller coaster ride especially if you are a twitcher. (really makes you looked like a stoned tweeker on a meth run)

Then the ones that have been hit by cars and the steering is off.....Bad enough on a twitch day I look like a drunk driving one.....but get one with bad steering and WOW surprised I dont get a DUI with it.

Not knowing what your getting is like a Lottery.....there are some that run faster than they should and are hilarious. Then there are the slow ones where you wonder if gimping along you can go faster......I think of it as an adventure.

There are times they dont have any at the door I enter in at Walmart so my mom will go to the other door. She finally got the courage to drive one so she can bring one to me.....Unfortunately she drives those as bad as she is at driving a car.

She wont let me get a lift on the car because she cant back her car even without one.....she hits more mail boxes, fence posts and trees with her trailer hitch on her car.....she has busted more tail lights than anyone I know. Yet she has been driving for years and knowing I can drive better she still wont let me drive since the doc said no driving.....ok so I might go to sleep.....or twitch.....IF they dont like my driving people should just stay off the side walks.
    I yam what I yam
    and that's all
    that I yam
    ~Popeye

Comment

"Fart cart". That's funny.

I've never used one. Yet. I often shop with my husband, or, I choose to just pick up a few things and stop by the store as often as I need to, when I'm already out doing other things. We don't purchase a lot of groceries, anyways, because we choose to eat out a lot.

But, when I get too tired to keep on going, I sit on what my kids dubbed "the old people bench" at Walmart and rest my legs there.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Old People Benches EEEW

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        "Fart cart". That's funny.

But, when I get too tired to keep on going, I sit on what my kids dubbed "the old people bench" at Walmart and rest my legs there.
        I hate the benches. I feel tied down and more obvious. Besides there is always some weirdo wants to sit right up close and rub against me. EEEWWW and it smells like pee over there.

Nah for me adventure first and foremost. I tried to get a handicapped friend of mine to go shopping with me but she wouldnt do it. I wanted to have fart cart races in the store.....LMBO

I know they have special olympics for kids and stuff.....we need one for us.....not geared like theirs at being normal but at being who we are.....

Fart Cart Races
        Put a boiled egg on a spoon and see whose twitches fling it the fartherest
        leg brace hang ups....have braces slightly tangled strap people in them and see who gets their legs untangled first
        Get the key in the door lock for hand impaired

I am sure you can come up with a few too....LOL
        I yam what I yam
        and that's all
        that I yam
        ~Popeye

Comment

Lol Knutcase. And, what a creative screen name. You oughta have a blog, and entertain others on a regular basis.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Reply to Mama Bug

Nah....wouldnt know how or where to do something like that. Besides my mind wonders off like a little kid in a candy store. (Yep with a dirty mind like a kid with dirty hands I need my hands...or is it mind....smacked frequently) Besides I wouldnt know how or where to do something like that. However I am on facebook frequently adn I forward a lot of jokes and make a lot of observations there.

Thank you for the compliment on my name. I have had it as a screen name since I got my first computer back in the early 90's. I wanted a non-gender specific name since I was a young singles 20 something living alone. I added the K because it was the only silent beginning letter I could find when the e mail nutcase was taken. I have changed home base sites for ages but kept that in at least part of my names.

I like this site with all of the information but it needs a main thread for those who see a little goofy irony and silliness in our illnesses. You cant be serious all of the time. Many times I find myself telling my self it is either laugh or cry and if I start crying I dont think I will ever stop. SO I try to see the humor in my situation.

I have had to find humor in a lot of stuff through out my whole life. They have just strengthened me for this time in my life......and I guess this is to strengthen me for when my kids hit their teens. Somehow I am thinking that may be harder to cope with than this.
            I yam what I yam
            and that's all
            that I yam
            ~Popeye

Comment

Entertaining Thread!

Hi Knutcase,
              I agree. You are so entertaining as a comedy writer! Keep up the good work.

On the subforum "The Wellness Room" thers is an even more sub-subforum "The Good Life." Your anecdotes would be great there.

By the way, DH and I shop with two carts - I use the smaller, higher one for the cooking ingredients and hold on for dear life, taking it slow. DH gets the other stuff - household and dog and his lunch - we use the same all the time. The new grocery store has a better layout and I can buy a juice smoothy to relax and sustain me while I shop. I use a list organized with the layout, so no wandering.

Stay lifted,
              Mermaid
              "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

electric shopping carts

I totally agree. At first I worried about how it looked. But who cares. A friend told me to pick my battles. And if using a cart helps me to shop smarter not harder. Then so be it.

Comment

Gone again

Smoothies????? Oh Lord my mind went on its own little field trip again. At first I got lost then like a cartoon running thru my head I sat here chuckling. I am going to post this hopefully so you can see the path it took......

Smoothie....huh how does this go in with fart cart shopping?

Smoothie.....fruit...yoghurt....milk...ice....mmmm I like orange smoothies

Milk....ooooh Lactose intollerant/allergic.....gasy....farts a lot

Gasy?...farts a lot

Fart Cart.....LOL.....then it kept going

If the power of a fart cart was hooked up to bodily functions

Not a Fart Cart.....Rocket Cart......dang that cow pusher on the front would so come in handy.....wouldnt need the little horn on them that says meep meep....need a dog gone air horn.......

Air Horn.....Oh Heck...NO........Fart Powered Rocket Cart.....Got my own air horn going ......LOL

And it got worse from there. I should not be left to my own devices. My poor little mind goes on more trips than I do.....add all the meds to it and watch out.....

Ok you said sub forum and sub sub forum......ummmm.....if it is a sub forum then it isnt listed on the main board....can you map it for me so I can track it?
                  I yam what I yam
                  and that's all
                  that I yam
                  ~Popeye

Comment

Where to blog

At Google Blogger.
                    https://www.blogger.com/home

I've thought about starting one, but, haven't yet. Might post some stuff, here, in the Creative Center. I tried once and it didn't work, but I haven't attempted it on our new website yet.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

have to be careful

It isnt fun if you have to invite people to see your stuff but I also have to be careful who does see it. I had a very dangerous first marriage. We escaped the day my son was born. He has made a lot of threats against us since. Because of the way the laws are worded for abused women we still arent safe. I was granted full custodial custody and primary care of both of our children.....but they didnt list the abuse since it was considered unsubstantiated in the custody papers. If he finds out I am sick he will take the kids. His family has money and connections but they are also a very dangerous bunch especially for a little girl and worse my girl is autistic with aspergers.....and my son is very impressionable with ADHD developmental delays and a neurological disorder he is being tested for that is making him weaker and weaker with fine motor skills.

That is why I have to see humor in the oddest places. I mean I cursed my son with the name Little Johnny and it held true to form....LOL...you never know what he is going to say or when or what he is going to do. He is loving and generous to a fault but he keeps people in stitches. Always has. I mean we were at a theme park in the heat and people were cranky in the long lines but he was standing there chattering away and as they saw and heard him people went from being mean looking to smiling.....that is the effect he has on everyone around him even when you cant understand what he is trying to say.

I always tell them if there is nothing you can do to affect change about your situation today then why let it get you down right now? If there is something you can do about it why let it get you down why not do something about it. Yes there are times we all get down. I am just climbing back out of my own dark pit after losing my last real world friend at Christmas and coming thru another Valentines alone and knowing I am considered undateable. But it is what it is and yes it is hard but you have to choose how you want to feel. Dont let someone else decide for you by reacting to their negativity or let your disabilities make you feel a certain way when you can work around them......

He when guys are golfing and they are like super good they have something called a handicap to make them equal to regular players.....like taking a 10 stroke penalty at the beginning of the game to make it a level playing field. Those of us who are handicapped needed a new level of difficulty for life because it put us on a level playing field with others because we are just that good......

at least that is what I tell myself when I am getting down and not in the mood to wallow in my own self pittying juices......but there are days wallowing is all we want to do and if it is what you want hey why not.....just becareful.....you wallow around in a mud pit it gets deeper and harder to get out of.
                      I yam what I yam
                      and that's all
                      that I yam
                      ~Popeye

Comment

Working...
                      X