No announcement yet.

I did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to read. Thank you. A facility near my home in New York is offering a similar treatment with cells taken both from the fat as well as the bone marrow. Similar pricing structure. The website appears somewhat spa like. I have no idea of the validity of the treatment.

myoptimalwellness

Comment

It has been seven months. They did not do anything for me. From what I read and what the doctor told me they work for some people and not others. I am still glad that I tried them. I was hoping that they would at least stop the progression. They did not. All I had that worked anymore was my left arm and hand. About three weeks ago I had a flareup and my arm and hand would not work at all. Now they work about halfway. I have been in a nursing home almost 4 years. I cannot feed myself anymore. Somebody has to do it.

Comment

Sorry it didn't help you, David. Thank you for doing your bit in the war against this awful disease, but I sure wish it would have done you some good personally.
        PPMS
        Dx 07/13

Comment

Stem cells alone won't cure MS

Using stem cells alone you were doomed to failure. You must have chemo to kill off the existing immune system which is attacking your myelin. By simply putting stem cells back in, you are not getting rid of cells that are attacking the myelin.

In order to cure the disease, you collect your stem cells, undergo chemo to ablate your immune system, then you put the stem cells back in. They will develop into an immune system that is not programmed to attack your myelin.

So, actually, chemo IS the cure. When it wipes out your misguided immune system, the attack on your myelin stops and you are then theoretically cured of the disease. The stem cells are needed to rebuild your immune system so you won't die of an infection, but they do nothing to actually cure the disease.

Being infused with the stem cells may help on a temporary basis, but since your defective immune system is still there and still attacking your myelin, progression can be expected to continue.

This is a simplified discussion of how it all works, but without chemo, there is no cure.

Comment

HSCT is 'the' stem cell procedure that seems to work to put MS into relative permanent remission.
            It has been nicely explained by a previous poster. Like George Goss has said several times 'no chemo, no cure' ! Simply stated there are a few hospitals, in the world, that can perform this HSCT procedure .
            I haven't heard that any of the private clinics doing stem cell procedures have had any cured patients. I wish these clinics stopped these deceptive tricks until their treatments are peer reviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Jhawk View Post
              Using stem cells alone you were doomed to failure. You must have chemo to kill off the existing immune system which is attacking your myelin. By simply putting stem cells back in, you are not getting rid of cells that are attacking the myelin.
              This makes perfect logical sense. The only problem is the chemo. One rough patch to go through.

Comment

Working...
              X