Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muscle symptom or med side effect?

Hi all-
    For the past 2-3 months, I've noticed that I'm having a lot of trouble relaxing my body. It's hard to describe, but basically I feel like I'm in a constant state of muscle contraction in my jaw (teeth clenched a lot) and legs. I don't think this is spasticity because I can consciously relax the muscles. Problem is, when I stop thinking about relaxing them, they start to tense up again. Many times I don't even realize the muscles are tensed and contracting until I feel pain or fatigue from the contractions. Then I force myself to relax and the cycle starts again.

I started on Cymbalta almost a month ago for neuro pain. I had the muscle problem before starting the med, but it has definitely gotten worse over the last month. Not sure if it's medication related or separate problem.

Does anyone else have this weird problem?

Barb

Yes, I have the same problem. It's pretty new for me, and I plan to ask my doctors about it when I see them next week. I notice it when I'm sitting on the couch reading a book or watching tv and when I go to bed. It has interfered with my getting to sleep, and I think it might be the culprit behind my increased fatigue.

In the past, I've had the problem with my left arm only, which I tend to hold close to my body across my stomach. Now it's my almost my whole body that tenses up.
    Portia

Comment

Working...
    X