Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cog-Fog: Do we always know we're experiencing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cog-Fog: Do we always know we're experiencing it?

After reading many of the posts in this thread, it made me wonder - do we always know or are aware when we experience cog-fog episodes?

I was let go from my job earlier this year, because of "budget reasons". Of course a new person was hired for my position about 6 weeks after I was gone (for much less $ I heard).

Maybe I was screwing up and didn't realize it??
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Maybe....

But typically I know when I'm experiencing cog-fog. It feels like my brain is full of cotton.

I'm sorry you lost your job.p
    COPAXONE - Feb. '03
    Dx - Feb. '03
    1st Sx - March '88

Comment

Was just wondering

Hey there. I was just wondering what "cog fog" is ? Thanks so much. I am also sorry to hear you were let go. Something bigger and better will come along

Comment

So sorry about losing your job. I'm sure it was more related to finances than any cognitive issues. Stinks either way. I would hope your employer would have been kind enough to have a conversation with you if it was related to your work capabilities.

My job has been offering severance packages to fade out higher paid employees then hiring new ones at lower pay. The way of the world.

I do want to tell you though that I wonder what you say about being unaware. Am I more mixed up to my coworkers than I realize?

After my last big relapse my coworkers said they knew something was wrong before it happened. Mind you that was my first relapse in ten years so they hadn't seen one in a long time. I was surprised that they noticed a change in my work since this relapse came out of the blue for me.

They said it wasn't anything big just little things seemed harder for me to accomplish as well as I usually could. Looking back I know they were right. I was dealing with a new empty nest sadness and thought it was that. Most likely the MS bogging my brain in hindsight.

I hope you are well and working again.

Comment

Working...
        X