Bowel dysfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowel dysfunction

Having now for the last 2 years problems passing stool. I can't go without DS and enimas. I have to stand for this and it's becoming more and more difficult for me. I now have a appointment with a gastroentrologist. I'm going to be evaluated for a colonostomy. I can't do this for the rest of my life and if I get to where I can't stand up then I can't go. This is not a elective surgery like having a face lift. Has anyone had problems with their bowels? Anyone who has had surgery? I've taken all over the counter and Rx from the doctor. The problem is neurologic. Any advice? Thank's in advance.

Rectol Prolapse

Hello there! I really feel for you. Mine got to the point where absolutely nothing was working for me. I don't mean to be graphic or groos by any means but when it came time to go I pushed so hard part of my rectum fell out. This was 4 years ago that I had the surgery. I was only diagnosed with MS since June but for 20 some years they think I had it. I'm 57 years old. My neurologist said it could have been related to MS. The surgery did me well. I am not allowed to have hard stools. Believe it or not everything they tried me on never worked until I discovered a Vegetable laxitve at Walmart. The brand name is Equate along with a prescription of lactulose. Don't think colostomy. I recommend you get checked down there and not wait. Mine was very serious and thank my higher power did not have to have a colostomy. It was such a freakish thing and scared the living daylights out of me. If you go online and see what it looks like you feel sick. I'm just warning you. I'm doing GREAT since the surgery. Let me know your thoughts my friend and I TOTALLY get it!

I hope this information helps.

My best.......
    Diamond57

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
    X