Getting Your Sexy Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Your Sexy Back?

What do you do to maintain your self-esteem, sexy appeal and confidence?

When I look good, I usually feel good. I get a lift in my spirits and confidence. Unfortunately, I have lost 15 pounds over the last 3 months and it is not a good look. I am working on trying to gain weight. So, I don't want to focus on the reasons for the loss.

For now, I want to know what have you done to get your sexy (self esteem and confidence) back when it begins to fade?

MS really shook my confidence which makes me sad because as a young adult I was nearly fearless.

As for now at almost 50yo I could care less about being sexy, that ship has long since sailed, but I mostly rely on my career to make me feel competent and confident.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

My sexy is loooong gone. Only way I'll get it back is if I can walk again and lose the twenty pounds I've gained since not being able to exercise.

Hmph, grumble grumble.
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Mmmm.
        Bringing sexy back suggests I was sexy to start with.
        I'm all right, but definitely no Angelina Jolie. Don't think the outward appearance has changed much - the flexible bits are just not so flexible. And the sensitive bits are not quite so sensitive. They still work, more or less.
        Not Beyoncé, never was Beyoncé. I can live with that.

Comment

I don't consider myself sexy, never have. But if I want to feel like my old, working self, I simply put on a piece of jewelry each day. Even just a pair of earrings adds a bit of sparkle to my (now) "winter uniform" (1 of many black turtlenecks + leggings).

I also pay good money to get my gray roots covered and half a head of highlights every 2 months or so.

Putting on a pair of high heels also does it... can't walk anywhere in them, but makes me feel sexy while sitting down!!!
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I think we each have our own individual feelings of what sexiness is. I still feel I have some sexiness. Like Cat Mom instead of living in sweats 7 days a week I choose to dress in jeans with ankle boots when my feet aren't sore, do my hair with added earrings and light make-up. Sexy does'nt mean low cut tops, with breasts hanging out. It's your innerself that makes you feel you look good others will pick up on that. There's days when not feeling good I put my sweats on, no shower because it sometimes tires me but I always put lipstick on and a pair of earrings. I used to have to really dress up in my former job and I'm more a jean girl now. But I really try to groom myself 4 days out of seven. Also, if company comes over....again like cat mom I put a pair of skinny jeans on with knee high boots with a heel and sit. Boots make me feel very sexy. This is kind of a fun honest thread. I have long hair and sometimes putting it up with scragglies and hoop earrings makes me feel sexy. But the sex drive isn't what it used to be along with pain. Have fun with it and try different things that will make you feel good. Good thread.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Sexy Back?

When I started this thread I had started to feel less confident because of my drastic weight loss. I allowed that, along with some other MS stuff, to take my joy away. But, I have snapped out of that brief bout of self-pity. I was reminded of the Serenity prayer.

It's ok to laugh with me here. I personally prefer to think that I'm sexy. My sexy begins with my attitude. It is confidence, high self-esteem, a kind and caring spirit and a warm smile. I feel better when I look better. I still do my make-up, hair, shower and get dressed every morning regardless of how I feel or how tired I am. Once I am done I always feel a better. A positive attitude is powerful!

I don't necessarily look for anyone to validate my thoughts. But, when Mr. Right comes along (and I believe he will) his compliments will be more than welcome.

Comment

I'm almost more pissed at what menopause has done to my "sexy" than the MS! My progression worsened right as I went through menopause and hit 50, so it's been a triple whammy to my sexy esteem.

And talk about feeling invisible — older women don't seem to exist in any meaningful way in American culture. I used to get compliments, but rarely now (maybe bedhead, pull-on yoga pants and the braless look isn't what moves people to speak ). Being scooter height messes with my mojo as well.

But I'm fighting this, focusing on feeling love, feeling good about myself and what I have to give, rather than how I look, especially to men. That's more ephemeral and less satisfying now anyway. I like to think of my current status as Real seeking Real. Nothing else will probably be realistic — and nothing else will do.

Comment

Originally posted by poppydarling View Post
                  I'm almost more pissed at what menopause has done to my "sexy" than the MS! My progression worsened right as I went through menopause and hit 50, so it's been a triple whammy to my sexy esteem.

And talk about feeling invisible — older women don't seem to exist in any meaningful way in American culture. I used to get compliments, but rarely now (maybe bedhead, pull-on yoga pants and the braless look isn't what moves people to speak ). Being scooter height messes with my mojo as well.

But I'm fighting this, focusing on feeling love, feeling good about myself and what I have to give, rather than how I look, especially to men. That's more ephemeral and less satisfying now anyway. I like to think of my current status as Real seeking Real. Nothing else will probably be realistic — and nothing else will do.
                  I agree! Age is what has done away with my sexy more than MS. Older women in America definitely are invisible. It makes me a little sad but the good news is it sure allows me to completely focus on my work without being so worried about who might or might not be checking out my butt.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  Anonymous

Comment

Sexy Shmexy!

Sorry but I agree that menopause really screws MS horribly so Sexy hasn't been round here in quite some time

Comment

I don't consider myself close to sexy haha. On a good day I look okay but on bad days I look rough. I'm learning not to let my tremors and Walker hurt my self esteem. I'm similar to other 30- year old women. MS is just another part of my life. There is more to me than this. For me, wearing colorful lipstick makes me feel better about how I look and I don't know why

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvn916 View Post
                        When I started this thread I had started to feel less confident because of my drastic weight loss. I allowed that, along with some other MS stuff, to take my joy away. But, I have snapped out of that brief bout of self-pity. I was reminded of the Serenity prayer.

It's ok to laugh with me here. I personally prefer to think that I'm sexy. My sexy begins with my attitude. It is confidence, high self-esteem, a kind and caring spirit and a warm smile. I feel better when I look better. I still do my make-up, hair, shower and get dressed every morning regardless of how I feel or how tired I am. Once I am done I always feel a better. A positive attitude is powerful!

I don't necessarily look for anyone to validate my thoughts. But, when Mr. Right comes along (and I believe he will) his compliments will be more than welcome.
                        you've answered your own question the best way!
                        totally agree it all depends on your attitude! sexy isn't always the most beautiful women, it's the confident ones who aren't afraid to be who they are!
                        i was going to suggest getting dressed, doing makeup, etc. like you normally would have.
                        you're absolutely right, my 'Mr. Right' didn't even think less of my looks after a double mastectomy! well chosen lingerie, ruffled tops and a ton of scarves help me with how i feel about my looks!

then there's days that i make myself get out of the pjs before noon!!
                        it happens.

take care & GOd bless ya!
                        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
                        X