Nicoly3467 REBIF!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicoly3467 REBIF!!!!

Hi there! Sure hope your'e doing better. I've been in a mini-flare for three weeks but keep plugging. I'll be starting on the REBIF 44mcgs. I know your'e on it and was wondering how it went for you when the dose was upped. I had a problem with the 22mcgs. but much better. He gave me 500mgs of Naproxen to take because I did get sick. I'll look forward to your reply. I'm a bit nervous how I'll react.

Hope all is well and have a wonderful day!

SusieQ

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Susie,

I started the 44mcg Rebif about a month and a half ago. I didn't notice any change with the increased dose. I normally do it around eight at night after taking an Advil pm. So far so good. Good luck!
    Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
    Trying to be the best dad I can!

Comment

Thanks!

Reformed Yankee....you gave me some relief. I just can't believe how this has given me anxiety. Maybe it's because I got real sick on the 22mcgs.

I hope I have the same luck as you and thanks for responding.

My best...
      Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS

Comment

Hi Susie,

Sorry to hear about your mini flare and hope you recover soon.

I didn't have any problem increasing dose of Rebif from 22 to 44 mcg. I just took Tylenol at the start of 44 dose sometimes to offset slight chills during the night. Those chills went away within the first two weeks and I have been on Rebif now for 6 months.

The last week however I have been getting some bad migraines the morning after injection, so I am wondering if I need to decrease amount back to 22. I am going to call my Neuro doc tomorrow to ask. If I have to decrease it, that is good news so we'll see.

Take care-Nikki
        Nikki

Comment

First Night 44mcgs.

Hi Nikki!

Last night was my first night taking the 44mcgs and man-oh-man woke up with such a bad headache it felt like someone was pulling my eyeballs out. A little nausea but that was not bad. I guess Ill have to keep trying it. The Dr. has me take 500mgs. of Naproxen which helped because I got sick on the 22mcgs. Let me know how you are doing and what the doc told you. My mini-flare is better which is nice to feel a bit more energy. If I dont hear from you.....Have a Happy Thanksgiving surrounded by your loved ones.

Susie Q.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS

Comment

Hey Susie, I'm glad to see that you're doing reasonably well still and finally on 44mcg!

Try to sleep through it as much as possible, I have been working a crazy schedule lately that requires me to be up for the first 4-5 hours after the injection and even after 9 years it's a bit rough but aleve helps a ton.. I believe rebif is doing considerably more for me than any of these side effects could possibly do to me and I have a recent MRI to prove it that shows almost nothing since 2009. I hope that you have a similar story to tell in a few years.

Comment

Thanks Brian! I do too! Your story gives me inspiration and hope. Hope you had a wonderful holiday! My best to you

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
              RRMS

Comment

Dose time

in my 22 weeks on Rebif I found that a 4 pm does time is about ideal. Seems the worst of it hits me 14 to 18 hours later. Hydration is hugely important for me too. Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Thanks Collin, I've been doing good since they put me down to 22 mcgs. I stay hydrated ALL the time.......even when I did'nt have MS. Drink away!

Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                  RRMS

Comment

Working...
                  X