cluster and migraine headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cluster and migraine headaches

has anyone experienced alot of migraines ? my migraines seem to hit alot during the fall and winter but i also have cluster type headaches and they are the ones that hurt the most.

Cluster headaches either will wake me up or wont let me sleep . Yesterday i started getting a cluster type headache centered around my left eye and temple it is like someone is stabbing me with a knife. I feel like crying when they happen.

Far as i know i havent had them in the temple area but i may have and forgot because i do forget alot and the cluster ones flair up every fall and winter.

My doctor says that migraines are common in ms and i do get alot of those. So i have to questions sorry for 2 but im confused. Does anyone else gets these types of headaches alot?

Also how do nuerologist tell the difference between a ms lesion as opposed to a migraine lesion when i have my lesions where its non specific like the frontal lobes and deep white matter and subcortical area of the brain?

Any answers would be appreciated thank you.

I take a prescription of Imitrex (sumatriptan) and it works.
    use to take Inderal to keep it away. Hope you get some relief. fed

Comment

continuance of migraines and cluster type headaches

thank you fed up for replying. I also take imitrex that my nuero gave me ,but it doesnt work all the time and it doesnt work on the cluster type headaches at all.

I get the cluster type every fall and into the winter a little and they are worse then migraine because i cant sleep with them but migraines do that also but not alot .
      I was wondering how can a nuero tell the difference between a ms lesion or a migraine lesion? I do have abnormalities on nuero exam and i have quite a few different symptoms so i am confused .

Anyways i guess we will never know the science behind ms lesions versus migraine lesions and how to really tell the difference between them. I have been taking my imitrex but i can only take so many because i only get 9 pills a month and i have more headaches then that and i told my nurse that and she said there wasnt anything else out there, so i guess i will have to switch back and forth from ibuprphen and imitrex, but if i take too much ibuprophen i will bruise easy and get little petechiae on me so i guess i have to live with it.

I know i cant think straight or function right at all when i get them. Alright im done rambling my brain is ms overloaded right now , im trying to get the words out and i cant think straight right now so i will leave it as this. Thank you for listening to my confused rambling mouth.

Comment

Daraslyte, sorry about your headaches. I had migraine and cluster headaches too about 10 years ago. At one point, I had 1-3 headaches a day for 9 months. My neurologist tried Depakote and and then Nadolol. The Nadolol is a beta blocker for high blood pressure and high heart rate. It worked. I still take Nadolol everyday.

Good luck and I hope they find a solution soon!

Comment

Working...
        X