VA DRO called TODAY (a Saturday?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA DRO called TODAY (a Saturday?)

They are scheduling me for a hearing at the DRO. Could be anytime from the 23rd to the 31st.........

I sure hope all goes well. Any tips, things to do or not do etc. would be appreciated.

GOMER........ Sir Falls-a-lot

Gomer,
    It's late, but I will post a few tips tomorrow or Monday.

M

Comment

Gomer - life is getting away from me. The best resources I found were hadit.com and http://vets.yuku.com/directory#.

The biggest thing is to be there on time and never miss a C&P exam. After that be honest and be sure to explain your situation. I took written notes in to keep me on track. The biggest mistake veterans make on the hearing C&P is to "guess" a word they do not completely hear. You hear a word like "herdburger" and you guess "hamburger." Well, either you heard hamburger or you did not. Do not guess, but also do not try to take them out. Just be honest.

You should also know that your C&P exam begins before and after your time with the audiologist. You are often observed from the time you enter to the time you leave. If you are out in the lobby carrying on a normal conversation with other vets then go inside and pretend to be deaf you will often be embarrassed. The audiology testers do this for a living and they hate people that fake deaf.

Comment

The hearing is not about 'hearing'.........ha ha.....
        it's about................... MS........... never guess?

BTW I already have VA hearing aids, SC at 0% will have fresh batteries.... The C&P I had was worthless, and that is putting it mildly. She was so nice and pleasant but was the wicked (resident) WITCH. She ignored the more important issues and zeroed in on a single minor issue and claimed it was genetic/born with it and NOT SC every where she could insert such with the only goal was to TORPEDO my claim. She claimed I said I did not know if I ever had ON, yet its documented there is evidence of ON in VA eye exams. I never had ANY vision issues till the diplopia first started when I was 19, almost 20.

My first - main most severe diplopia was and still is, horizontal (cranial nerve 6), she TOTALY ignored that and left it off the C&P. She zeroed in on the vertical (minor) that started when I was stationed at NAS Sanford FL. involving cranial nerve 4 and claimed it could NOT possibly be service related. The rater tore the eye doc(USAF Major, (former Chief of Ophthalmology Services at McClellan AFB for 4 years) that noted multi-nerve diplopia and opened the MS can-o-worms and tore him a new ***.

I am not going to touch her C&P. Instead I am taking the high road, going to go in armed with documentation as best I can, including how the MS issue came about and confirmed by the VA.

I am also going in armed with in service leg issue AD record and docs of falls due to that same leg, torn shoulder, busted ribs etc.

Even with tons of document support, I am told the VA will most likely fight it all the way to DC.

PS the letter came today and the hearing is the 29th, so that gives me almost another week to prepare.

Comment

VA sure is an upside down world...... PVA was worse than NO help .. again. In fact I swear she worked against me. NO going over my claim before the hearing as had been told we would.

The PVA SO refused to go over my material at all. She acted more like a secretary to the VA guy and was NOT an advocate what so ever. They considered ALL my doctor nexus letters & buddy letter pure garbage and the lies the C&P examiner put in her report was treated as GOLD.
          GOMER

Comment

Working...
          X