Fatigue Suppliments??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue Suppliments??

I am hoping to find something to help with this severe fatigue I have been dealing with and has researched a lot of natural supplements to try before going with a pharmaceutical.

Do any of you have experience with Malic acid and or Alpha lipoic acid? I have bought both but am wondering about dosages that people have found useful. Both are elemental supplements.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
    "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

Hi krystine,

The link below is a discussion about Acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid that some have found to be helpful.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100794
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Malic Acid w/Magnesium

Take 1200mg with breakfast and lunch. This was the dosing found effective in reducing fatigue in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

300mg with each meal. 1200mg is the dosage level in the Secondary Progressive MS trials.

Lipoic Acid for Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01514370

Acetyl L Carnitine

500mg twice daily.

Apple Cider Vinegar
      is worth looking into which makes sense because it's high in Malic Acid content. Google: apple cider vinegar multiple sclerosis

B12 sublingual lozenges

Amino Acids - take a multiple amino acids supplement and look into "Zipfizz", an energy mix drink that combines amino acids and B12.

I take all this stuff daily (except Zipfizz) and have no fatigue, though I'm taking them more to combat MS progression, especially the Alpha Lipoic Acid and Malic Acid. Malic Acid is just good for your overall health anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X