my ability to pan and focus makes me dizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ability to pan and focus makes me dizzy

One of the first symptoms I had. So when in a group discussion and following the people as they converse (volleying back and forth to each/all persons involved) I get sick. It's just better for me to close my eyes and listen but I don't feel like I'm a part of "life" anymore.

I'm unfamiliar with "Prism". Will someone give me a brief explanation, please?

Thank you. Love to all

I also have this problem. Its really irritating because I also have to shut my eyes or just try not follow around the convo. I have had no luck with any meds that I've tried. I've also read about prisms and would like to give them a try. Prisms are from what I understand, regular glasses but instead of being prescribed for people without 20/20 vision. Prisms are built into the glass to help keep your eyes stable and focused. Keeps them from wandering. But hopefully someone who has them will also chime in their advice and experience.

Comment

prism

My eye Dr. explained prism to me with his hands.

Most peoples eyes look straight forward together... and he put both hands palm down, facing straight forward.

Other people may have a prism where the eyes may be somewhat crossed..... again hands palm down, but fingertips moved a bit toward each other.

My prism since my ON and MS diagnosis, palms down, but not at the same level, one higher than the other, and the right hand facing towards the left, and the left hand facing to the right.

So he has prism lenses in my glasses, that make the eyes see straight ahead.

I think my prism may not be consistently the same, because some days I feel nauseous and can make that feeling go away if I close one of my eyes.
      You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I know that feeling. The more conversations going on around me the more nauseous and lightheaded I feel. I get this weird confused feeling too. Closing my eyes helps too. I never thought of it being my eyes. Always thought the activity was too much for my brain to process. Plus I have hearing loss in one ear from a lesion so this makes it harder to follow everything at once.
        I never heard of prism. Thanks for posting. I'll have to look into this. It would be great if it helped.

Comment

Working...
        X