Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have mental changes besides depression from plaques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have mental changes besides depression from plaques?

So..

that's my question, i've noticed i'm obsessing over stuff, been told by my family members..i'm alot more sensitive to just about everything suddenly. I"m usually fairly laid back. Neuro found new plaques smack in front of brain that controls emotions,and has been asking me if i see a personality change..me i don't see it, i feel it. my family tells me everyday about it..gotta love them!

so, anyone else experience odd behavior changes?
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Yes I have noticed many changes it is a daily roller coaster ride.

Comment

what do you do about it?? i'm having a hard time with becoming overwhelmed easily in my brain..when there are alot of noises, or ppl talking.. simple stuff at home i used to let slide i'm highly reactive to.

my partner is struggling to stay with me and hoping the meds i'm going on work.

i wonder if there are any meds for this?
      Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine008 View Post
        what do you do about it?? i'm having a hard time with becoming overwhelmed easily in my brain..when there are alot of noises, or ppl talking.. simple stuff at home i used to let slide i'm highly reactive to.

my partner is struggling to stay with me and hoping the meds i'm going on work.

i wonder if there are any meds for this?
        Unfortunately the best solution I have found is to be alone in a quiet place... I haven't tried any meds to deal with it, I only use MMJ for my symptoms and it does help some but not a lot in regard to these kind of symptoms.

Comment

Hi Sunshine,

Yes, I get easily frustrated sometimes and I don't like loud noise....more sensitive to noise over the last few years.

Nikki
          Nikki

Comment

YES!!!!!

There are times I have to remind my self "I passed Organic Chemistry, for crying out loud!!" I cannot remember facts, I cannot remember names, I cannot..... over and over again.

and like the other posters I also do not like noisy, busy events. Much better to find a quiet spot.

No good suggestions for this, except I do better when I am rested. I fought over using sleeping pills, but finally caved in and have to admit I do better when I am rested. Naps help possible.

Good luck and God Bless with all of this.

karen
            You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

oh yes quiet is great! i guess ms isn't for the faint at heart.. if someone can't handle our stuff, while their not the right someone!

ofcourse i'm perfect in my own mind lol...i dont' see alot of the behaviors. yet i also know stress can cause symptoms to worsen and i still work alot! it can be challenging with what we have to work, raise our kids, keep a home.. ya'll know how that goes
              Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Yes!!! This is me too! Football games on TV are the worst. It is just constant screaming fans as background noise. I HATE IT, my husband loves it. I have to listen to my iPhone on Saturdays. Sigh.

Lisa
                Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                Tysabri

Comment

mood swings

I'm taking paxil and now depakote for mood swings seems that's n191383815449ot working they're happening often anyone going thru the same thing? What r you taking for it?

Comment

Yes!! I feel this way all the time . I have a large lesion load in the frontal lobes. I often think I am living someone else's life because my personality is no where near what it used to be. For me, it's one of the hardest part of having MS .

Mental fatigue is so debilitating but so often not considered in the long list of other more visible MS symptoms.

Pam
                    RRMS diagnosed 2005
                    Rebif 2005-2008
                    Copaxone 2009-2014
                    SPMS 2014

Comment

Plynn, you posted "I have a large lesion load in the frontal lobes." I just got a MRI and my neuro said it didn't show any new lesions for the past 6 months but he said I had alot of lesions on both sides of the front of my brain. Is that the same as what you said. And exactly what does that part of the brain affect?
                      This is so scarey

Comment

Hi Emily06

It is my understanding that, simply put, the frontal lobe contains many of the dopamine-sensitive neurons. The dopamine system is associated with reward, attention, short-term memory ,tasks, planning, motivation and other personality traits. Depression, poor decisions ,
                        irritability, altered thinking etc.

Antidepressants can help in these cases.

Yes, MS is scary. I try to take it one day at a time but I'm not always successful at that!

Pam
                        RRMS diagnosed 2005
                        Rebif 2005-2008
                        Copaxone 2009-2014
                        SPMS 2014

Comment

Working...
                        X