Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not exactly new but keep screwing up my "intro"

I hope this one takes

I was diagnosed with MS after a car (ok, semi truck side swiped me on the freeway while changing lanes going 70 mph) accident sent me for an MRI in 9/2012.
    I've had 2 non-contrast MRI's and just last month 9/2014 a third with contrast.
    I'm still walking and don't appear to have any physical limitations EXCEPT....my vision is changing quickly! I don't see well at night and sitting in a classroom, panning from speaker to another student (answering question) I set sick to my stomach from the panning. Is that normal, will it improve, is it episodic?
    I'm very isolated (even with 3 teenage and 1 adult daughter & a husband)....I just don't have a social circle and I'm alone from 7am til 6pm so this is my outset.
    God, please let me be doing this accurately this time (introduction wise)

Hi and Welcome!!! There is no doing this wrong, as all you are doing is saying hello and telling us a little about yourself which you just totally did.
    Look around at all the different sub-forums and you will find a wealth of helpful people here. Go to the questions forum and ask away.
    Once again Hello

PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Welcome.

I wish I had some answers for you, but MS seems, sometimes, to be somewhat unpredictable and different, sometimes, for everyone.

If you are still getting over a flare, there is a good chance that your symptoms could improve. Sometimes steroids helps with that, and speeds it up. Other times, symptoms become residual and don't go away.

~ Faith
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug, thank you

Have you used Steroids? I have not. Just Oxydone, Soma, Gabapenten and Klonopin.

I have some kind of eye test scheduled for the 21st this month. I'm not certain what and I don't have the nerve to look it up right now.

Tortis,
        I am afraid to read and find out some answers to questions I don't even have yet confused

I'm pretty alone and VERY afraid. I don't know.

It's dinner time. gotta go smile for the family

Comment

I havent used steroids but i have had to go get treatments with iv steroids and 3 days after i was still achy pain from the treatment and that was the first time of actually getting it since i have had the diagnosis of ms. I dont know if this has answered your question or not but i hope it did.

Comment

Jennette --

Yes. I have used steroids. I used to need to be on them once or twice a year. A switch in medications made my flares less frequent, so I am not on them so much anymore. Some people with MS can get by without them, and just wait out their flare until it goes away, but that never worked for me.

If it don't take steroids, my flares keep getting worse. Once, prior to dx, and near the beginning of my MS, I've been told that, prior to steroids, it was serious enough that my organs may have begun to shut down. I'd been getting progessively worse and worse for months before that began to occur.

I may have been one of the worst case scenarios for what can happen when a flare is not treated by steroids. But, if your vision is getting worse, I'd recommend that you contact your doctor, describe your symptoms and their progression, and request steroids to see if things improve.

The side effects can be horrific, but, for me, it's the lesser of two evils.

Please keep us posted.

~ Faith
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Jennette, now that you are part of MSWORLD you have a huge circle of new friends that really get it and you can ask anything because someone will probably have encountered the same thing.
              There are a lot of really good people on this forum and I do not think I have ever seen any judging or negatives.
              So we would like for you to feel comfortable with us and know that now you have a very big circle and you are never alone.
              PEACE
              Tortis

Comment

Hi there and nice to meet you

I wish I made my intro as short as yours I tend to want to put all the info in there.

I also have trouble seeing at night I wasn't sure if that was a MS thing or I was getting old .

I don't have the panning but read that MS has lots of different symptoms and everyone is different.

I been though lost of different eye tests they aren't to bad, one was even kind of neat the took pictures of my eye with a special camera and I got to see my eye.

I don't have much of a social circle myself, so I am glad to have found this forum to have others to talk too and glad you found your way here also .

Comment

Sorry 6 years to reply Faith

Faith, I’m so sorry I have taken so long to reply. I’m a huge coward whose been hiding

Not knowing hasn’t done me a damn bit of good...live and learn

Thank you for being so kind to me. It matters, no doubt about it

Yes. I have used steroids. I used to need to be on them once or twice a year. A switch in medications made my flares less frequent, so I am not on them so much anymore. Some people with MS can get by without them, and just wait out their flare until it goes away, but that never worked for me.

If it don't take steroids, my flares keep getting worse. Once, prior to dx, and near the beginning of my MS, I've been told that, prior to steroids, it was serious enough that my organs may have begun to shut down. I'd been getting progessively worse and worse for months before that began to occur.

I may have been one of the worst case scenarios for what can happen when a flare is not treated by steroids. But, if your vision is getting worse, I'd recommend that you contact your doctor, describe your symptoms and their progression, and request steroids to see if things improve.

The side effects can be horrific, but, for me, it's the lesser of two evils.

Please keep us posted.

~ Faith[/QUOTE]

Comment

I'm so glad you came back. Welcome again!
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                    X