insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insomnia

So far, my main side effect with this med is insomnia. It has really changed my sleep pattern. I can fall right to sleep (this is new) but then I wake up every hour after 4 am. Otherwise, I'm doing well on this med. I've had some hair loss and some neuropathy but not enough to stop the med.

katw, insomnia was a huge problem/MS sx for apprx. 10
    years for me. Sleep meds were not effective for that 10yr period, sleep meds only made me 'hungover' and sleep deprived.

Insomnia resolved as a major MS sx at about the 3 month mark on Tysabri. The ability to fall asleep and maintain normal sleep was heavenly for those 2+ yrs.

Fast forward just about 3yrs, I'm off Ty and on Aubagio for 3 mos. now, and I'm finding sleep patterns getting more erratic. I'm hoping I never return to the level of insomnia I had for 10yrs. prior to Ty. It was a major concern when I stopped ty.

I'm hoping the erratic sleep resolves with time on Aubagio, or at least doesn't worsen. Other than the increase in erratic sleep, I'm having daily GI problems, ugh. GI was another MS sx that resolved while on Ty, that has returned, but it's also not as bad as pre-Ty bowel incontinence, more like mild side effect of Aubagio.

Being sleep deprived is just awful without MS. With MS, it makes daily, normal function nearly unbarable based on my experience.

Curious how long you have been on Aubagio, and if insomnia was a major sx pre Aubagio? Hope your's improves with time.

Comment

MSW1963, I've been on Aubagio since August. I've also had a long history with insomnia. It is horrible. I'm considering decreasing my Aubagio dose to 7mg. Have you thought about doing this? It seems others have done it and it decreased side effects. I have a lot going on next month and need to feel better to function. Thanks for the reply. I hope your insomnia improves also.

Comment

I'm hesitant to reduce from current 14mg daily dose because of the fear/possibility of Ty Rebound. I've experienced rebound the first year when I stopped taking Ty and never want a repeat of that experience.

I may need to have a conversation with my MS doc about reducing to 7mgs of Aubagio. Thanks for the suggestion.

For the time being, I'm not overly concerned about Aubagio side effects I'm experiencing as they are mild and managable.

Comment

MSW1963, how are you doing with your medication?

Comment

Working...
          X