Yoga helps!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoga helps!!

Hello all, since being diagnosed with MS I felt my body feeling stiff and sometimes my muscle spasm on the back of my left leg hurts. I found the answer to alleviating any body pain... Yoga! everytime I take a yoga class my entire body feels great. My pain minimizes or completely disappears for a day or two. I found you have to be consistent with yoga to feel optimal results. But it works! Not only physically but also spiritually. My mind also feels calm please give it a try it won't hurt

Hi Naty and welcome! You are so right about yoga. There are so many ways that it helps us. Not only for pain management thru easy stretches and movements, but also for help with balance and posture issues, developing more stamina and releasing stresses (both physical and mental)

It's so important for us to find a class that meets our individual needs. It sounds like you have found just that! I've been taking various classes for years now. With my secondary progressive MS, I now take a class that is more restorative and one that uses all sorts of props.

Many medical online sites recommend yoga and swimming as the form of exercise that is most important for us.

I'm glad you started this thread for pushing the benefits of yoga. Enjoy your practice
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yoga is amazing and is NOT about stretching, although there is some. You DON"T have to be flexible, although it helps. You don't have to be able to stand if you go to an adaptive yoga class.

You will be shocked how great it makes your body feel.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I was recently diagnosed with RRMS in October 2014

Originally posted by BigA View Post
        Yoga is amazing and is NOT about stretching, although there is some. You DON"T have to be flexible, although it helps. You don't have to be able to stand if you go to an adaptive yoga class.

You will be shocked how great it makes your body feel.
        Hello Everyone, I was recently diagnosed with RRMS in October 2014, although quite a journey since the end of 2011 in receiving a diagnosis. I had slept so much & living with great pain & it was a relief to finally know what is was.

Then the reality set in of how I was going to build my strength up & try to get my body physically stronger. I have been on no income & it is such a humbling learning experience to ask for help but I have been finding a lot of answers for programs that are out there to help those in my position as well as finding this site which is wonderful, this is my first post

Thank you for posting about the adaptive yoga classes, One of my sisters kept telling me to do it but I didn't know where to start,thinking I could never keep up or do the movements required especially with a horrible back & such weakness & fatigue. But I realize I must get active again.

I recently found an MS Aquacise class I will be able to attend & now going to look into the adaptive yoga classes that I'm thinking is a form of yoga geared to one like me...Thank You again for posting of this type of yoga & I'm so happy to be on this board as it has given me a place where people understand firsthand & is encouraging me to make the necessary steps to help me move forward and feel better too!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Working...
        X