Wondering if fits definition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if fits definition

I am seeing a lot of people that have crying or laughing fits. I have episodes of crying and fits of rage! Doesn't really fit the definition from what I have read.

Will need to discuss with my neuro. I can feel my blood start to boil and then I go from 1 mph to 10000 in a nano second. My language is not the best either on whatever poor unfortunate that I attack.

Originally posted by moz205 View Post
    I am seeing a lot of people that have crying or laughing fits. I have episodes of crying and fits of rage! Doesn't really fit the definition from what I have read.

Will need to discuss with my neuro. I can feel my blood start to boil and then I go from 1 mph to 10000 in a nano second. My language is not the best either on whatever poor unfortunate that I attack.
    I have the same issue, I have brought it up a few times myself on here. When you say your blood boils, I know exactly what you mean. The adrenalin just takes over and you can feel your blood just surging through your veins. It happens to me daily now. Even just thinking of an event from my past that made me angry can trigger it.

I have tried to explain it to my family but that is pretty hard to do and get them to understand. Recently my mom got in an argument with me, I tried to end it but my mom doesn't let anything go . It got to the point where my heart was racing so fast I started shaking all over and hyper ventilating. It was essentially an anxiety attack but it got so bad my mom finally realized what was happening and she checked my blood pressure. I found it my blood pressure was super low but my heart was also off rhythm. (Later it retured to normal)

I notice you are asking if it is caused by cog fog, I know it is caused by MS as it follows my other symptoms but I don't think it is from cog fog.

Comment

Hey Dale76. OMG, this is so terrible and so unlike me. Yesterday, work set me off over 4 times! I work in healthcare and dealing with insurances are ridiculous! Then dealing with my new insurance company (I lost my ins through work because the put me as part time now!) Thats a whole other issue!

Anyway, I kept getting phone calls regarding my Rebif med and I at the arse outta the guy. Told me I need to pay 3 g for my deductible before being sent out. I told him where to go and not politely. I was in a rage! I would think the guy is in hiding now licking his wounds. Won't be back anytime soon.

Called me a few times to tell me how everything is ready to ship other than the 3g deductible. Guess what a*******, NOT READY THEN is it? Want me to *** it and send it to you?! Told him NOT to contact me again until it REALLY is ready to ship!

Got it straightened out with MS Life Lines. They have been wonderful.

My mom thinks I am being terrible (know I am and this is not me). I just can't help it. Grrrrrrr, feel like my first Rottie when he was diagnosed with rage!!

Comment

I do recognize your user name now and realized I had replied to your other post before, sorry to many usernames to remember who is who! Seems like we might be among a small percentage that experience this.

I do worry about being violent, I really hope I never totally lose control and hurt someone, that is my fear.

I have not had to deal with any sort of insurance yet, I'm in Canada so imagine it is different. My wife has a plan through work that covers. 80% on prescriptions. I haven't applied for disability yet as that would require me giving up my driver's license and I can't just yet.

Comment

Wow Dale76. No way would I give my drivers license up. Well if I was still able to drive that is!

Do you have to give it up to apply for disability? That's crazy if you do.

I have not gotten violent with anyone yet! Lol, it's just that I lose patience really quick. I was never like that. Have appt with my neuro next week, will see how that goes. Best to you!

Comment

i have alot of cognitive issues and moods also . i will go from 0 to .22 that fast and be mad for no reason. with the cognition issues i have bad short term memory issues such as i go to walk in a room to get something i will get in a room and forget with in seconds of what i wanted to get.

my thought process is off i will not catch onto things fast anymore im slow at thinking , i get confused alot , i have to ask what day it is and i say things wrong meaning the words come out the wrong way i get laughed at . Ex: for cards one time i said fards.

If i am talking about something and i just for 1 second put my attention somewhers else i forget real quick what i wa doing or saying before that, meaning i dont multitask well anymore i easily get confused and distracted. so yes i do have alot of mental cognitive issues . and its only getting worse i feel .

I stutter also and i feel tongue tied alot like i cant come out with the word. i have trouble finding the words to say that i want to say and i will say words wrong also and get laughed at. does anyone ever feel like you are in a different world then people around you? i do alot. i feel stupid.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

dara, I am the same. My memory stinks, short term, long term any term really! Lol

I also fumble for words. Don't remember names one minute to the next. Not good. Embarrassing actually as I work with the public in healthcare. I have to write everything down.

The rage really irritates me though. I have to really control myself and that is such an effort. Afraid I will attack someone for the smallest thing. Ugh.

Off to neuro tomorrow. Hope he will tell me to pack it in. Loved my job but getting really tough. No longer a pleasure especially since they cut my hours down to part time and I lost everything. I do have an attorney after them.

Comment

I went into a gas station today and tried to buy some items, got up to the counter and saw something i needed so i got it, but i stood there a few seconds looking like duh!
                Anyways after like 5 minutes of standing there i just asked the clerk to help me figure what i needed for money for all my items because i could not for the life of me figure the math my brain went blank.
                I explained to the clerk on what i had because she looked at me like i was stupid at first and when i explained it she was very willing to help me add the items.
                After everything else was paid for i realized i needed something else so i got it and the clerk automatically started telling me you can buy it you have enough cash.
                The point im making i felt so stupid today and i have had these issues before also in stores. I felt like crawling behind shelfs and sneaking out the door after putting stuff back on shelfs.
                My question to any one has any one experienced this? If so how do you manage to keep from not wanting to go back into another store in their life because i feel that way?
                I have been in stores and forgot what i got and got up to the belt with only 3 items and when the clerk rings it up , im shocked at the price and i ask what did i get? Because i thought i only got 2 items and not 3.
                Or i will pay the clerk the money and give them the right amount and im standing there still and asking where is my change?
                I feel like im losing it anymore and it actually is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by moz205 View Post
                  Wow Dale76. No way would I give my drivers license up. Well if I was still able to drive that is!

Do you have to give it up to apply for disability? That's crazy if you do.

I have not gotten violent with anyone yet! Lol, it's just that I lose patience really quick. I was never like that. Have appt with my neuro next week, will see how that goes. Best to you!
                  Oh sorry I guess I should have explained a bit more. I have limited my doctor visits to prescription refills & emergency visits. Meaning I have cut off all comunications in regard to symptom progression for the last 2 yrs.

I'm tired of answering the same questions over and over knowing the answers will never yield any positive results. unfortunately many of my more recent symptoms greatly effect my ability to drive. If I update the medical system on the new developments I'm positive my abilities to drive safely will be questioned and my license likely taken.

I don't drive much now but need to drive some still so I can't loose my license just yet.

Comment

YUP I have it too

0 to "shazam" in nanoseconds. Anger, rage, then laughing...this is so dang weird!!!
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

im currently going through mood swings, but i notice a pattern now. When im acting up i will get real moddy fast, but if not i can handle things more.

My husband threatens to leave with my hidden symptoms that us msers get like the cognition issues and moods.

so i relate to this very strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X