Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice?

I'm a caregiver to a man with ms, he is quadriplegic from it and needs care 24/7. I've been taking care of him for a yr and a half and have become very close to him, in fact I'm in love with him, my concern is can a relationship work between caregiver and patient? I get so tired taking care of him now when I work a lot of hours, that I wonder how I would do it if i were in a relationship with him.

"don't think about all the reasons why it won't work, focus on the one reason it will work"

"what comes easy won't last, what lasts won't come easy"

I don't have much advice, but all I can offer to you is to tell you to follow your heart.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lostalias;1461774]I'm a caregiver to a man with ms, he is quadriplegic from it and needs care 24/7.

I do not know if you are working with an agency or not, if so I would say that is crossing boundaries.

If not, how does he feel about you?

GL with your decision

Comment

all of these different scenarios that you bring up are issues that you two need to sit down and work out ( and think hard about). I applaud you for your honesty and your dedication to this gentleman. I do not have any advice for you other than to wish you the best of luck.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by Lostalias View Post
          I get so tired taking care of him now when I work a lot of hours, that I wonder how I would do it if i were in a relationship with him.
          I would imagine that it would be the same except that a love would be shared. Everyone in a relationship with someone who has ms is their caregiver to one extent or another. (A good loving relationship anyway)

Granted I have no experience with this, but it warms my heart when I see or hear of great & loving relationships in spite of ms.
          MS dx's 2000
          Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

Working...
          X