hair loss with Aubagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hair loss with Aubagio

I'm experiencing quite alot of hair loss with this Aubagio. It's very upsetting how much I'm losing. I had this same problem when I was on Avonex but I was much younger than and my hair did come back at some point. But I'm worried now that I am much older my hair won't come back. anyone else have extreme hair loss?

I've lost some hair but not a lot (yet). The Aubagio site discusses this problem and they believe that hair growth will return to normal in a few months. I also had this problem with Copaxone. My former neuro said to try some kind of hear regrowth treatment if it gets too bad.

Comment

I was in the clinical trial for 5 years. I had thick hair and was constantly shedding. I finally stopped taking it because My ms continued to progress and I was afraid I would be bald. I have been off it for 4 years now and my hair is just starting to thicken up, although it is not as thick as it once was. I have not taken any other DMT.

I was also told that my hair would return to normal once I stopped so I think we are all different. I have also heard that for some people the hair loss is only temporary so I hope you fall into that group.

Comment

My post should say hair regrowth treatment not hear regrowth. I don't think we need extra ears!

Comment

extreme hair loss

even though i've stopped Aubagio, I'm still having the hair loss. Do you think I will need to have that "flush out" treatment to get this medicine out of me so the hair loss will stop! So upsetting a handful everytime I wash my hair (I've tried different shampoos to make sure that's not a factor), and alot whenever I comb it too. My hair was gorgeous!...

Comment

Biotin

Hello everyone,

I want you all to know I really feel for you. I am on Rebif and have a hyper-active thyroid. Had a ton of hair and throught the years lost a ton. I was told from my new hairstylist four months ago about Biotin. WOW....it has really helped. I take 10,000 mcgs and started out at 5000. There is hair coming in....not mounds but what a difference it has made. It's also helped with my rigid nails and helped my vitamin B go to a great level. There is also Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner and when I take a shower there's not NEAR the hair in the drain that once was. I always pipe in when I see something about hair loss. I'm going into my 5th month. If you give it a try don't expect a miracle the first month. Everybody's different. I just wanted to share this information to you because I know how devastating it is. The name of the shampoo and conditioner is thick &full biotin &collagen. It runs around $6.95 each. I get mine at Shop-Ko.

If you try it I wish you my best.....
            Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I started it in Oct. I lost a bunch of hair and my eyebrows thinned too. Well this weekend I finally jhad to pluck my eyebrows and I my hair had stopped falling out. So we will see how fast or how much growws. I dob have thin hair to start with.

Comment

How long?

How long were any of you taking Aubagio before you noticed hair loss? I'm in the middle of month 3 and haven't.
                "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Aubagio

Originally posted by emily06 View Post
                  I'm experiencing quite alot of hair loss with this Aubagio. It's very upsetting how much I'm losing. I had this same problem when I was on Avonex but I was much younger than and my hair did come back at some point. But I'm worried now that I am much older my hair won't come back. anyone else have extreme hair loss?
                  Yes, I have been on Aubagio for 6 months and in the last month or so I have lost so much hair! I'm very concerned. My neurologist put me on Biotin 100 mg. I hope it works.

Comment

Mostlyrd - how is your hair loss situation ? Are you still taking Aubagio?

Comment

Working...
                    X