Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed Site Reactions Rebif

Hi All!

I'm still on the 22mcgs of Rebif. Right now I'm doing my shots in the left leg and have really not had a problem with site reactions with the exception of a little bruising and very small pink spots where I inject. Wholly cow........my right leg which was injected two weeks ago is really begin to have reactions a bit larger than a quarter and there are about four of them. They are warm and I'm not running a fever. I've put cool packs on them. Is this anything I should be concerned about to call MSLIFLINES? They decided they are not going to increase the dose for another couple months because I got sick once titrating to the 22 dose. The Doc did put me on 500mgs. of Naproxan which as helped quite a bit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My Best......
    Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Hi Susie Q,

You may want to call MS Lifelines to see what they say about this delayed skin reaction two weeks later. I take Rebif too and have called them before and they have been very helpful.

Best wishes!
    Nikki

Comment

Nurse

Hi Nikki

They are sending out the nurse who taught me how to do the shots. Today I was running a low grade fever but feel ok.

I have to tell you I just love reading everything you post. You seem so knowledgable and in tune with the disease. I'm only 3 months old into this and have learned so much on this site and find the people are so genuinely caring. I'm anxious to go to the library and get the book "Falling Down Laughing". Do you see any improvements taking Rebif? If so please share. I'm on week 8 still at 22mcgs for another 2 months.
      Hope you had a nice day.

SusieQ.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Hi Susie Q,

Thanks so much for your nice comment. I appreciate it.

I have noticed some improvement taking Rebif-44 mcg (Rebidose). I have been told that DMD's are not supposed to help with symptoms but they help cut down disease progression & relapses. Rebif has allowed me to do more things during the day, which I could not do before. I was terribly fatigued taking Copaxone and before I started an MS medicine last year.

I have seen more benefits with the Rebif after the 4 month mark of taking it. I can walk better (more strength) but I also take baclofen at night now for leg spasticity, which helps me walk better too. The doc says it can take up to 6 months or more for Rebif to be fully effective.

I think it is acting as a "stronger defense" because I just had a mild flare-up lately (more leg & foot spasticity & arm numbness) but this was nothing compared to Jan or March this year while on Copaxone. I recovered well now, but just had to take prednisone tablets.

Jan 2014 relapse was my worst! I got so weak I almost passed out and could barely walk. The inflamed body pain was horrible like I was on fire...3 days in ER-not fun.

So, this shows me Rebif is blocking more efficiently those "confused" immune cells in my brain. They want to cross over that barrier to hack away on nerve cells but they are being blocked more.

I really hope the Rebif works well for you too. You just started it so give it some time.

P.S. I think Copaxone works great for some people, but just did not work for me.
        Nikki

Comment

Working...
        X