Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night time control issues

I've got an embarrassing problem.

I've got bladder difficulties all the time with urgency. I've got it under control during the day. However, i'm having significant bladder control difficulties at night, on occasion. I've tried to adjust my fluid intake. Even with only doing 6 oz. at dinner 4 hours before bed and ensuring I go before getting into bed. I'm losing full control and waking up soaked in the middle of the night....I've got 2 kids who just got out of diapers; I don't want to have to buy them again for ME.

I'm going for some urology testing next month to better determine the BEST medication. However, the one that I'm current using is not working well anymore.

About once every two weeks, I don't wake up in time. What medications are others using? Currently, I'm dong tamsulosin.

Also, what else can I do? This is still relatively new to me. Should I consider pads or cauterization every evening. I'm 36 so I'm not really motivated for either of these....but washing sheets that regularly is amazingly annoying.
    First Symptom: May 2007
    Dx: August 2007

I can go months without a nighttime "soak", and then out of the blue I'll wake up with a mess. Because this is so irregular, I have no choice but to wear a pad at night just in case. Someone here posted that there is a Poise pad that is thin, but has high absorbency rating, and is more comfy than some of the lower absorbency rated ones.

I have done the urodynamic testing. Hopefully you will get some additional assistance there. I don't limit my drinking, your body is full of water and can generate a bladder full no matter what you do. Last night I was up 7 times. That is unusual, but it happened. Needless to say I'm worthless today!

Comment

Working...
    X