SATIVEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATIVEX

Has anyone tried sativex for nerve pain? Just doing some research and came across it...
    Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
    "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

Hi krystine -

Sativex is not approved by the FDA yet, but if you go to day 4 of the Ectrims Actrims Conference highlighted here, Dr. Kantor talks about it. You can check it out here: http://conferencecenter.msworld.org/...or-ms-patients

He says it doesn't work for pain but more effective for spasticity. He's hopeful it will be available in the future.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I see no point in going with a limited drug company version when one can simply go buy or grow the real thing vape, smoke or eat it, many different strains for pain, insomnia, spasms etc. I use mj for insomnia.

Comment

Originally posted by there View Post
        I see no point in going with a limited drug company version when one can simply go buy or grow the real thing vape, smoke or eat it, many different strains for pain, insomnia, spasms etc. I use mj for insomnia.
        I would agree with you but, the high does become a nuisance. I've recently found high CBD tincture and I am certain it is very similar to the sativex. When treating symptoms, I'd like to do just that and continue to function fairly well.

The THC messes with my challenging 'balance' issue and I only want the stiffness to go away, early in the day.

The future of medicinal cannabis is going to be the high CBD strains; still difficult to acquire. Recently, I tried some auto-flowers...those seem to be naturally high in CBD's..from the ruderalis in them. fed

Comment

It is approved in canada where i am. I just found out today that it is covered by health care too. Might look into it.
          Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
          "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

Comment

Working...
          X