Bowel Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowel Problems

I have just started to have a prolapsed rectum problems. Has anyone else had this problem?I looked it up and it is related to some of the problems with ms.I was so shocked when this happened.My mother had the same and ended up with a bag and had a lot of her bowel removed so scary. would love to hear from other people with this problem.

Surgery

Hi Tammy Rose

Your post actually SHOCKED me. I had rectal prolapse surgery four years ago. Not the prettiest topic to talk about but it scared the heck out of me when it got so bad. Had absolutely NO idea it was MS related because I was just diagnosed this past June. Many of my symptoms go back as far as 1994. Anyhoooooooo mine got so bad they did surgery and have not had any problems since. I won't talk about details but I know the scare and what it looks like. Seriously..... if it is that BAD you must see a surgeon. Mine developed over a year and you don't want to get to the point as your mother. Mine was bad but caught early enough. I also know the discomfort and scare of eliminating. I guess this is your choice. Don't WAIT!!!! I really mean that.

My best to you and let me know if you get this checked out soon. I am going to google this and the correlation it has to do with MS. Also, I have to still be careful to never get constipated. I'm on meds to help me.

Wishing you a ton of luck and please get back to me.
    Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

squat on toilet

i'm chronically constipated. a few months ago a person sent me info on step and go. its really helping me when i go.

its a step i can put my feet on so my legs are raised and i'm squatting on the toilet which causes my rectum to be vertical straight while i defecate

it probably won't fix your problem but it may help. you won't know until you try it. Good luck.
      stepandgo

Comment

Working...
      X