Anyone happy with the 40mg dose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
    I started the 40mg a week ago and continue having reservations that I'm only getting 120mg a week instead of 140mg a week.
    Around the turn of the millenium, there were two small studies that showed that Copaxone 20 mg every other day (60 or 80 mg/week) was just as effective as 20 mg every day (140 mg/week). That undoubtedly was noticed by Teva and may have played a part in their choice to make their next med one used three days per week.

If those studies are correct and an average of 70 mg/week is as effective as 140 mg/week, the difference between 120 and 140 mg/week should be irrelevant. More important, Teva's clinical study showed the 40 mg 3x/week to be as effective as effective as 20 mg 7x/week. That also indicates that the extra 20 mg per week is no more effective, and that it's unnecessary.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I'm just superstitious I guess.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Despite never really minding the daily injections I have to say it is delightful to have some days now that I don't need to remember my shot.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Couldn't remember if I replied to this (scrolled through a few pages to see if I had and seems I hadn't). Want to comment on this in case anyone else felt/feels same as I. I HATED the 40mg shots. They were HORRIBLE and I ended up going off of them. However, I HAVE seen here that many people DO like them.
          Peace to all,
          LM
          RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Working...
          X