bg12 supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bg12 supplement

anyone taking the bg12 otc vitamin with positive results? just looking for something to give my body a lil boost ya know! the acetyl combo didnt do it for me.=(

grace4et,

I take a Vitamin B12 daily, but I don't know if it's helping or not. I started taking it after reading Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis by Professor George Jelinek. He felt research showed it helped, and so I went with his advice.

Comment

I think you have misstated something. Vitamin B-12 is a 'supplement' that can be used to increase energy. BG-12 is the name of a 'drug' that is used to treat MS and the two have no connection.
      Vitamin B-12 can be taken orally (OTC) or by injection (if prescribed by your doctor). I don't know much about BG-12. But I am sure BG-12 is not a vitamin supplement.

Comment

ooops

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
        I think you have misstated something. Vitamin B-12 is a 'supplement' that can be used to increase energy. BG-12 is the name of a 'drug' that is used to treat MS and the two have no connection.
        Vitamin B-12 can be taken orally (OTC) or by injection (if prescribed by your doctor). I don't know much about BG-12. But I am sure BG-12 is not a vitamin supplement.
        hey jerry! ooops i see what you're saying now and i had the right idea but called the supplement bg12 instead of just b12. ive taken bg12 tecfidera before but my mind at the time of this post forgot to drop that g!lol thanks for pointing that out!

Comment

The names of medications aside...

B12 is an essential vitamin that is a co-enzyme in several metabolic pathways. It is necessary for DNA, homocysteine conversion, reduction of fatty acids, myelin production and numerous other factors.

If your b12 isn't getting through the metabolic processes cannot be completed and you end up with neurological degeneration, demyelination etc, paralysis accordingly - brain atrophy and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
          ....and sometimes it can manifest as anaemia.

Comment

interesting! thanks kaytee!

Comment

B12

Glad to see some people showing interest in B12.
              It is so important for healthy nerve functioning.
              I've been adding to patient's regimes.

B12 is available in meats (mainly), and as we get older we are less able to cleave, break free the B12 from food in our guts: Digestion!

Gee, something else going wrong as a result of lowered digestion.

Make sure your getting the active form of the vitamin methylcobalamin.
              Also, B vitamins work together. Take a whole food source of B complex.
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

B12

I found B12 even years before I was diagnosed with MS. In some ways I wonder if I was helping myself without even knowing it. A friend suggested I try it when I felt run down and I was having carpal tunnel issues. After a few weeks of using it my arm felt much better. I find that if I use it every day my over all pain is reduced over time. The added energy is great too.

Comment

Working...
                X