Copaxone 40 mg, NOT FOR ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone 40 mg, NOT FOR ME!

So I was dx in June 2011, been on Copaxone 20 mg August 2011 through July 2014. Cruising along just fine. Started the 40mg 3x a week about 6 weeks ago. Initially ok, but as time has gone on I don't think my body likes it AT ALL. I have anxiety all the time, which I've never had in my life, my left leg spasms occasionally, and I just generally feel like I'm losing my mind 24/7. Going back to the dr. 9-25-14 and decided I'm not taking it anymore until I see him. I have to see if this 40 mg is the culprit.

He wants me to start Tysabri since I had 1 flare in 3 years. I don't want to go on ANY of them, so if I don't pick something else, worse case I will just go back to the 20 mg every day of Copaxone.

I know the 40 mg has been FAB for a lot of people, just not for me. Anyone else heard of these things from the 40 vs 20?

Not sure about the 40mg thing as it's not available in Canada but just wanted to ask when your 1 flare took place? At the beginning of your 20mg Copaxone or more recently? Was it a bad flare?
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

My first flare in May of 2011 was ON. Started the Copaxone that August. Had another flare, first one on Copaxone 20 mg, in July of this year. Double vision when looking left and fatigue. Fun round of steroids to treat that. Vision is improved, but now feeling like a nervous basket case since starting the 40 mg.

Comment

40 mg copaxone anxiety and craziness

I feel exactly the same after 6 weeks on it. Now have treatment for depression and anxiety and feel like I am going crazy at times. Stopped 2 weeks ago and going back on the 20 which handled fine for 24 years!

Comment

Copaxone 40 and wretchedness

Opps meant 14 not 24!

Comment

Free from Copaxon

I am tired of being in pain in my joints. I stopped Copaxon I stopped taking injections in April and am walking pain free..

Copaxon arthritis is not for me
            limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Copaxone 40mg

I like copaxone 40mg. No difference for me and reduced injections are a great thing. If you don't want you 40mg-send it to me!

Comment

Originally posted by kathryn View Post
                I feel exactly the same after 6 weeks on it. Now have treatment for depression and anxiety and feel like I am going crazy at times. Stopped 2 weeks ago and going back on the 20 which handled fine for 24 years!
                WOW, this has happened to me as well closer to 4 mo after starting the 40mg. I had no idea it was the 40 I thought it was just another MS issue.

Comment

Not liking the 40 mg

I have recently switched to the 40 mg from the 20 mg. Been on the 20 mg for 7 years and had my first symptom just last week. Neuro wants me to try a different med but I think I am going to ask to go back on the 20 mg. Any suggestions? I can only assume that I this new symptom is due to the weaker form of the 40 mg.

Originally posted by Devilinside View Post
                  So I was dx in June 2011, been on Copaxone 20 mg August 2011 through July 2014. Cruising along just fine. Started the 40mg 3x a week about 6 weeks ago. Initially ok, but as time has gone on I don't think my body likes it AT ALL. I have anxiety all the time, which I've never had in my life, my left leg spasms occasionally, and I just generally feel like I'm losing my mind 24/7. Going back to the dr. 9-25-14 and decided I'm not taking it anymore until I see him. I have to see if this 40 mg is the culprit.

He wants me to start Tysabri since I had 1 flare in 3 years. I don't want to go on ANY of them, so if I don't pick something else, worse case I will just go back to the 20 mg every day of Copaxone.

I know the 40 mg has been FAB for a lot of people, just not for me. Anyone else heard of these things from the 40 vs 20?

Comment

Working...
                  X