Sertraline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sertraline

I was prescribed Sertraline, and was wondering if any one else who takes it, takes it in the evening or morning?

I talked to my Dr. Who said I could take it at night, but was wondering about others experiences.

Thanks!
    Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

I love an Apple...computer that is!
    DX'99 - Started Betaseron April '05 - Quit Betaseron Sept. '15
    Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Oh, you are taking Zoloft.....I didn't recognize the name Sertraline and did a search to see what it was.

Sorry, I don't take it, but others may chime in shortly!

Comment

Yeah, Zoloft. Sorry, the dr. And nurses all called it by sertraline (so I wonder if it's a generic?).
      So, if anyone else has any of their own experiences, that'd be great to hear.
      Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

Yes!

Hi!

I have been on sertraline 200mgs. since 2009. I suffer severe chronic depression. I'm also on an old one from many moons ago which is Trazadone also helps with my sleeping disorder. 200mgs of that also. Both have worked wonders for me. I'm not saying my depression is gone but can't tell you how Sertraline has helped. I take it first thing in the morning with breakfast. I had absolutely no side effects accept at the beginning. It takes time for your body to adjust to it. I'd say go for it!!!! If that doesn't work there are so many more drugs out there.

Let us know if you do.
        My best.....
        SusieQ

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I've been on sertraline for over a year. I'm only on 50mg, which I know needs to be higher, but I'm really weird about that stuff and won't tell my dr to raise it. I take mine in the morning, which I think she told me to do, but I can't remember why. The first week I kept getting nauseated, and also for a while, I'd keep getting hot flashes and breaking out in a sweat, but then eventually both side effects went away.
          Diagnosed 1/4/13
          Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Thanks for all your responses. I'm on 50mg, just today went to the full dose. Was taking a half dose for a couple weeks.

Here's hoping for brighter days! Oh, I'm taking it in the evening.
            Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

Man, I've historically been pretty tolerant of medications, but this ones side effects were kicking my butt.

Gastrointestinal issues, insomnia, which combined with my MS sucked. With dr.s blessing, I've stopped taking it.

But will continue with counseling. That seems to be helping more than anything.

Peace!
              Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

Chicken

Mac1ntosh, I've started this after many, many years and even though I'm only starting with 50mg/day, on day three, I've felt this huge drain on my precious energetic moments of the day but it may be because this has been such an emotionally tragic week.

I had been taking St. John's wort and it had really started to help and I felt very solid. It felt healthy somehow too. It wasn't as easy to cry. I would start to cry, like a reflex, then be able to stop myself with a little intent. But it didn't make me sleepy or lacking energy like I feel this Zoloft has already.
                ---------------
                "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
                X