Sigh. Don't touch me! It all hurts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh. Don't touch me! It all hurts.

I have flares, everywhere, all of it, when I have an infection. I'm sure we all do. I had a sinus/ear infection, while leaving my very stressful job that involves excessive travel. They tried to keep me by offering a job that would have been great but would have involved a move or more travel.

I start my new job tomorrow. It looks okay but will also be stressful, but no travel. But less pay. So, migraine ingredient number 2 rears it's ugly head.

My Rhumatoid Arthritis, migraine disease, fibromyalgia, it's all cranked up to, as Spinal Tap would say, to 11. I'm masking mysel be active to get my serotonin levels up, the migraine is gone, my new boss has been straight with me, I don't think I'm going to be blindsided. So that's better.

With my new job, I can be more careful with my diet, eat more anti-inflammatory foods.

But this last thing, what can I do for this paresthesia? It's a throbbing and burning with pin pricks. Everywhere. I want nothing to touch me. I take neurontin but I don't take as much as I'm prescribed because I worry about side effects. I'm going to teach kids again. I can't go in to work looking like I'm drugged.
    CIS DX 2013

Originally posted by ms382012 View Post
    But this last thing, what can I do for this paresthesia? It's a throbbing and burning with pin pricks. Everywhere. I want nothing to touch me. I take neurontin but I don't take as much as I'm prescribed because I worry about side effects. I'm going to teach kids again. I can't go in to work looking like I'm drugged.
    Hi ms382012,

Altering the sensation with another one might help.

"Other treatments include wearing a pressure stocking or glove, which can convert the sensation of pain to one of pressure; and warm compresses to the skin, which may convert the sensation of pain to one of warmth.". http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...-Symptoms/Pain

I've found cold therapy helpful. Something else that might work is a topical Capsaician product (some are OTC and others only by prescription). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3462404/ You might also find some helpful ideas here: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Nat...kle-a-Pain.pdf

Best of luck to you and I also hope everything works out for you with your new job!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

compression helps at night

I have to use a weighted blanket at night to get any sleep, and my shoes have to "hug" my feet. I love winter when I can wear my socks.

I'm secretly hoping my new job is in a cold building so I can wear layers. I just cannot handle any heat right now. Maybe I should try some biker gear under my clothes...do they make that in xxlarge? lol
      CIS DX 2013

Comment

Working...
      X